• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brad Toy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks for all the info on your site. We already have a jacksons chameleon and i wanted something a bit bigger. You guys have convinced me on getting a beardie:).

Ill make sure to ask alot of questions before my purchase to make i get it right. I plan on having my viv set up in advance to make sure my heats and lighting are correct.

Would i be better off starting off with a large viv or stay medium range till it bigger?

Im thinking on building my own instead of buying. And i will be getting a baby. Around 5 to 6 inches long. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

117star

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
You can get a big one right away to save on expense and just section it off. What kind of lighting are you thinking of getting?

Brad Toy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sorry, thats for my UVB. Still checking out basking options. So much difference between beardies and our chameleon

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ill second, start with a big viv, they grow so fast and if you buy small at 1st youll have to upgrade within months and that also implies re-doing the loghting, rechecking temps for the bigger space etc........... Start big and it gets done ONCE:)

When you buy a UVB, get the repti sun 10.0 linear tube and make sure it spans at LEAST 1/2 the length of the viv and PREFERABLY 3/4 of it.

Brad Toy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks for the input. It will be awhile before im done with it due to the chameleon needing a larger viv and a new misting system. But when im done ill post pics to make sure everything looks good before i go pick out a dragon :)

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
welcome 2 the best beardie forum!!!!! & yay congrats on deciding 2 get a beardie!!!! :) they're wonderful & interesting lil creatures!!!!

Latest posts