• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

petri_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi Everyone,

I am so glad to have found this website! I adopted a 1 yr old bearded dragon this past July 10' named Petri. Things were great in the summer months but, over the last two weeks he became lethargic and wouldn't eat, or move for that matter. The nights and days are getting colder where I live (Los Alamos, NM) and I wasn't sure if this was the issue. I logged onto this website and the advice I read was simple "check the lighting and check the temperature", turns out both lamps that I had set up (that were given to me) were UV bulbs...there was no heat source at all. I immediately went out today and got a 100 watt heat bulb and Petri perked up within 40 minutes. I'm kicking myself in the butt because I was really worried about Petri....I'm just thankful that I found this website that reminded me to double check the basic requirements. This is my first reptile critter....I adopted him because I want him to have a great life and because I love him. I have alot to learn, so, I'm looking forward to hearing some of the great beardie advice out there. Thanks!!

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi and welcome. Glad you were able to find the info you needed. Ask away, there is a great resource of seasoned and new dragon slaves who can assist with anything you may be wondering about.

petri_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks all for the great welcome!! I have lots of questions and will start hitting up the various forum topics right away!! Unfortunately I must be the only person in 2010 without a digital camera and so must figure out how to get pics posted!!

Thanks agains....

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I went to Los Alamos once with my Grandfather. He used to live in Santa Fe. I thought it was cool to see the nuclear bomb models, boy were they huge! I also remember there being a bridge that went over a canyon that was extremely deep. Good times.

Rolandslf

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Welcome to the greatest Beardie Forum there is.
Ask all the questions you want, you are at the right place for answers.
Enjoy staying with this family.

Latest posts