• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

LizardLady4

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi there,
now I'm not necessarily breading at the moment, but my female laid 21 eggs a couple months back(down to 19 now)they are about to hatch this weekend(if they do at all...i was told they are VERY fickle)if you have any advice at all for me it would be extremely appreciated. If this works out i am interested in breeding but I'm a little nervous at the moment as its my first time,as well as my female's first time
thanks a bunch

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
First thing is you dont want to breed you female until she is a year and half old at minimum (im not sure if she was bred before you got her or by your male). It is ten times harder on their body when so young. Kind of like a teenager having a baby. You need to make sure you keep her calcium intake up as laying takes a lot out of a female. You need to let her go wild on feeders too. Let her eat as much as she wants in about a 15 minute period. She needs to extra protein to build herself back up.

Now as far as the eggs. You need to make sure your temps and humidity are good. 80-85 degrees F for heat and 80% for humidity is how i run mine pops em out right at the 60 day mark. You will need a bin for every 5 babies (so in your case you will need 4 bins good enough sized to have a temp gradient and allow them not to be on top of each other.) you will need UV lighting and heat for each bin and you will also need enough feeders to keep them well fed (hungry babies nip each others tails and toes). With 19 babies you will be going through around 10000 appropriately sized crix a week (7 days).
http://www.millbrookcrickets.com/ourproducts_crickets.html
they have the best prices shipped online anywere.

If you have any other questions let us know we are here to help

Latest posts