• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Xaurus

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have looked all over the Internet for information and THIS IS THE BEST NICEST PLACE I have ever found.
I am a VERY new beardie mom and it HATES ME. I (ducks head) got him from Petsmart.... I KNOW I KNOW never again. He was very young and did not like to be touched or held. I have had him for about 2 months and he still hates to be held or touched. I have been able to pet him for short times but he will not allow me to pick him up. I do not want to stress him out so I don't' try anymore. The hissing and the blotting up made me feel so sad. After reading several posts here I am going to enlarge his cage, spray him more often and continue to feed him with the tongs. I know this sounds STUPID but I really am sad that he doesn't' like me even a fraction of how much I love him. STUPID I know. This is a long intro I am basically checking now on easy to build habitat I am not too good with tools but I am going to give it my all. Currently he is 8 inches long and in a 10 or 20 gallon tank. Basically he is almost half the length of the tank so I am immediately buying or building him one tomorrow. He has grown about 2 inches in 1.5 weeks is that normal????? Anyway I am off to read more about building a new home for Eddie. Thanks again for being here to help.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi and welcome.

I think Renee will move this to its own thread. Anyway just wanted to say hi and all that stuff. There are some real boffins here with enclosure building, so dont be shy to ask.

Yes babies grow a lot, so 2 inches in 1.5 weeks is normal.

Getting him tame, yeah I myself have been there and done that too. It takes a lot of time and patience though, and I wanted to give up many times, even thought of selling mine and getting another . . . but thank goodness I didnt ;D . But in the end it did pay off. Just keep at it.

What is your current setup like?
All the important stuff
Temps at hot and cool end?
Substrate?
How do you measure the temps? Digital with probe / analogue or temp gun?
Feeding? How often / how much?
Lights on schedule? Hours p day?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi and welcome! Glad this place has been to your liking. You may have come across this, but I'll provide the link to our caresheet. Give it a read and feel free to create a post with any questions you may have.

Bearded Dragon Care

Monique, you know me too well. :D

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome aboard, Xaurus. Like some others on this forum, I'm very experienced in building enclosures (see the links in my signature for my beardie setups). So if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I can help you as much as you want. My links might also help you with your own build.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome. Don't stress too much about not being able to hold him yet, babies don't like to be held much. Just keep doing short sessions with him and he will come around. I have had my baby for 6 months and she is still not a cuddle bug yet, but now I can at least hold her without her flying across the room and running like a mad man.

Craig has built BEAUTIFUL enclosures for he 2 dragons and his iguana. He is very helpful with tips on how to and materials.

Latest posts