• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

newbie...

nctr

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
HI all-
I've been bouncing around, reading a few things, dling the basic care list. No bd yet, but its in the works. I'm really desperate for one! Nice to learn that there should only be one per tank, and if I have 2, they shouldn't be able to see each other. ;)

One thing...when I get mine, I think I'll be driving about 2 hours away to the Lexington (KY) reptile expo for it...any advice for carting one home on a 2 hour car trip?

Thanks,
Nancy

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome and kudos to you for doing your homework first.

Keep the car a little warmer then you would if it was just you in the car and you should be fine. Make sure you have something it can not get out of. If you get a little one they can be VERY hyper and jumpy. For my younger one I put her in the cat carrier with a baby blanket. Make sure your viv is set up so when you get home you can put it right in the viv with the proper temps and it can warm up. You could also put some of those toe warmers that you put in your boots in the winter in the cage with the beardie and that will also heat thing up.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi and welcome! You'll have a blast with your dragon. I think all your questions have been answered. Can't think of anything else to add.

Debbe

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi Nancy,
I do recommend you get your beardie from a breeder. It is very difficult to know the history of a beardie you get at a pet store. Not only that, they give wrong information on proper care. We have a couple of breeders on here that may have available babies.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
HI and welcome.

Please post pics as soon as you get your pooper. We love pics here

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Welcome to the community! I do have one piece of advise before your long journey. Check craiglist and the local paper for any adoption possibilities if your open to taking one that may not be a baby.

Latest posts