• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newbie with a habitat question

Erika Lynn

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey there everyone. I'm a newbie to the beardie world. I have two small males. One is 3 years old and is only about 14 inches and the other is only a year old but he is only about 10 inches long. Billy is the one that's 3 and obviously full grown and small from what I've seen and buckley is the younger one and I don't think he is going to get much bigger. I know that they can NEVER be together and I am fine with that. I was looking at this forum and found somebody who built their own enclosure that is 6 foot wide but split into two...right next to eachother. My boyfriend and I are really wanting to do this for Billy and Buckley but the space we have is only about 5 feet long. So my question is...would it be okay to house an adult male in a habitat that is about 2 1/2 feet long by 3 feet deep and about two feet high? Or is that too small? Thank you in advance :)

117star

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Size sounds good. I am also pretty new to BD ownership and am wondering what you would split them with. Don't they get stressed out if they see eachother through glass? Just curious......

Erika Lynn

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yes from my understanding they would be very stressed if they saw eachother. I would use a piece of wood to split them. There is no way they could see eachother at all :)

Latest posts