• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newbie, Need Help Pls!

Lando1

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone!

I ended up going to (a month or two ago) the vet and they said she's fine.
But, a few days ago I noticed that there was a tiny amount of blood in her stool and it was runny.
I just made an appointment with the vet again but they won't be able to see her until next Friday, 8 days from today.
They vet place said she'll be fine but I'm a little worried.
Is there anything I can do in the meantime? Her behavior and appetite is normal.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi everyone!

I ended up going to (a month or two ago) the vet and they said she's fine.
But, a few days ago I noticed that there was a tiny amount of blood in her stool and it was runny.
I just made an appointment with the vet again but they won't be able to see her until next Friday, 8 days from today.
They vet place said she'll be fine but I'm a little worried.
Is there anything I can do in the meantime? Her behavior and appetite is normal.
DO NOT let them do an enema- take a fecal w/ you-- what are you feeding? Supplements? UVB your using a coil or tube?

Lando1

Bearded Dragon Egg
DO NOT let them do an enema- take a fecal w/ you-- what are you feeding? Supplements? UVB your using a coil or tube?
I have a dubia and discoid roach colony and just started a red runner one. She started to refuse to eat the roaches and the only thing that she accepts are super and meal worms now. She goes through phases. It seems that she started to get runny poop after she switched to the worms.
She also refuses to eat veggies, so I have to give her some veggie repashy with a syringe.
She gets her food dusted in calcium and once or twice a week she will get a her food dusted with vitamins instead of the calcium.
It's a tube UVB

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a dubia and discoid roach colony and just started a red runner one. She started to refuse to eat the roaches and the only thing that she accepts are super and meal worms now. She goes through phases. It seems that she started to get runny poop after she switched to the worms.
She also refuses to eat veggies, so I have to give her some veggie repashy with a syringe.
She gets her food dusted in calcium and once or twice a week she will get a her food dusted with vitamins instead of the calcium.
It's a tube UVB
Ok I looked back on the post and your using a T 5 ? Do you have it at the distance and placement I posted for you? If so that is good --- if not you need to adjust it to what I had posted for you or if you need more help let me know - your dragon is hooked on the worms--- please dont feed her the meal worms if she is under the age of 1 year -- this could be the cause of the blood in poop ---- please get some BSFL and start adding them to her salads -- you want her eating some of those salads NOW even a little bit www.symtonbsf.com they are small order large feed as many as you want and DO NOT dust them -- start dusting the insects like the roaches -- only feed 1-3 supers add them to the salads http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
if she is under a year old dust 5 x per week w/ calcium D3 vitamins 2 x per week ONLY ONCE PER FEEDING-- make sure your basking temps are 105-110 for a baby 95-100 for a juvie / adult and taken w/ a digital probe thermometer-- get everything adjusted as mentioned and see what the stool looks like here in a few days -- this blood thing could be a one time thing but you want everything adjusted correctly and NO more meal worms -- I would lay off both the supers and the meal and feed just the roaches and salads --- try the BSFL and see if they entice her to that salad bowl make sure your using a bowl like glass or ceramic that the BSFL cant get out of - one like this works good
https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d

Lando1

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok I looked back on the post and your using a T 5 ? Do you have it at the distance and placement I posted for you? If so that is good --- if not you need to adjust it to what I had posted for you or if you need more help let me know - your dragon is hooked on the worms--- please dont feed her the meal worms if she is under the age of 1 year -- this could be the cause of the blood in poop ---- please get some BSFL and start adding them to her salads -- you want her eating some of those salads NOW even a little bit www.symtonbsf.com they are small order large feed as many as you want and DO NOT dust them -- start dusting the insects like the roaches -- only feed 1-3 supers add them to the salads http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
if she is under a year old dust 5 x per week w/ calcium D3 vitamins 2 x per week ONLY ONCE PER FEEDING-- make sure your basking temps are 105-110 for a baby 95-100 for a juvie / adult and taken w/ a digital probe thermometer-- get everything adjusted as mentioned and see what the stool looks like here in a few days -- this blood thing could be a one time thing but you want everything adjusted correctly and NO more meal worms -- I would lay off both the supers and the meal and feed just the roaches and salads --- try the BSFL and see if they entice her to that salad bowl make sure your using a bowl like glass or ceramic that the BSFL cant get out of - one like this works good
https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
Hi!

Thanks for the tips! Her poop stopped being bloody and runny after I stopped the worms like you suggested.
I just returned from the vet and my beardie has pinwoms. I am going back in two weeks for the second dose.