• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newbee and beardie feeding issues.. Good feed then nothing..

Splreece

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey all.. Just being a normal worrying new parent.. We have elsa dragon (pics) who's 8 wks old plus a week in my house... The surface temps at 41 in bask and 28 in cool with 33 Ave humidity...

Big week for her and she went from no eating for a week but loving being held (I didn't pick her up.. More I opened doors and she comes), to a day with 2 sittings of 15 size 2 crickets in each sitting.

Last 2 days she hasn't eaten anything... I tend to feed in a separate container so I don't leave any crickets in viv.... However she's calm, doesn't panic in container just stares up at me then tries to get out.. Asid that she loves a bath and loves being held.. I know we ain't supposed to however....on the pic you can see 3 small stones near glass... Her siting on there seems to indicate she wants out... And her out means she is either sitting in my palm, on arm or on chest...so seems comfy.

She doesn't glass surf and doesn't seem to be uncomfy with wandering..

Is this likely new parent nerves or any advice wd be great...

Attachments

• IMG_20200814_151140.jpg
    IMG_20200814_151140.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20200814_151135.jpg
    IMG_20200814_151135.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20200814_151128.jpg
    IMG_20200814_151128.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20200814_151122.jpg
    IMG_20200814_151122.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 21

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hey all.. Just being a normal worrying new parent.. We have elsa dragon (pics) who's 8 wks old plus a week in my house... The surface temps at 41 in bask and 28 in cool with 33 Ave humidity...

Big week for her and she went from no eating for a week but loving being held (I didn't pick her up.. More I opened doors and she comes), to a day with 2 sittings of 15 size 2 crickets in each sitting.

Last 2 days she hasn't eaten anything... I tend to feed in a separate container so I don't leave any crickets in viv.... However she's calm, doesn't panic in container just stares up at me then tries to get out.. Asid that she loves a bath and loves being held.. I know we ain't supposed to however....on the pic you can see 3 small stones near glass... Her siting on there seems to indicate she wants out... And her out means she is either sitting in my palm, on arm or on chest...so seems comfy.

She doesn't glass surf and doesn't seem to be uncomfy with wandering..

Is this likely new parent nerves or any advice wd be great...
Such a pretty girl. I asked this same question about my baby. lol He goes through spells. He'll go days gobbling every bug and then he has a day or two where he maybe eats one or two in a day. Then back to gobbling. He also rotates his preference on his bugs. Some days he'll mostly refuse his crickets and want roaches and then he'll switch and only want crickets. Spoiled baby. I recently purchased some small phoenix worms through the mail. I put a few on his salad each morning, but end up taking them back out an hour later. So far, he's not sure what they are, I guess. Stares at them and has licked them a few times, but hasn't eaten any yet. Funny to watch him react to them, though. hahaha Hope her appetite picks back up. :)

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
he’s adorable and everything looks to be in shape. If anything he could be dehydrated, babies do tend to get thirsty quickly and I know mine doesn’t like to eat a lot if he thirsty. So I do suggest daily bathes especially when they are that young, just make sure that the water doesn’t go about his belly so that he doesn’t drown or anything. Bathes also help them go to the bathroom so in a way it can help prevent impaction. And if anything try changing the type of bug, he could just be feeling picky

Latest posts