• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New

StevieBhoy11

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, new to these forums.
Bought my daughter our first bearded dragon named STUMPY due to missing a few fingers and toes, so not much of a climber.
Have a few questions regarding temperatures and decor.
1. How high should I let the temp get as she only seems to get active when it's around 42 or higher.
2. She is 2 yrs old and in a 3ft tank, do I need to go bigger.
Thanks
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398598874.806927.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
42 degrees celsius? That's good and a 3 foot tank is just fine. Do you have a UVB bulb? She looks like she's got a lot of sass!

StevieBhoy11

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, yes 42C and have a UVB bulb aswell as a mercury vapour bulb that is switched on occasionally, that picture was the first time she was taken outside..

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Aw wot a lovely girls i love the puffib look makes her look so macho hehe.

Knoteb

Hatchling Dragon
She's a beautiful beardie! Temp and tank size seem fine. Make sure she has a warm and cool side and something to hide under.
I have a male beardy that flips his feet backwards like that and walks on his ankles (wrists). I was worried about it at first but he's always been that way and it doesn't seem to bother him.
Enjoy her!