• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New wood enclosure - crickets

Trzenoga

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I just built a new wood enclosure measuring roughly 22Hx18Dx48W. My two beardies seem to be enjoying it so far. I just tried to feed them their crickets after moving them into the new enclosure and with a little success. The problem I ran into is the crickets continuously climbed the wall. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep them from doing that? I dont want them climbing out of the enclosure completely. Already had one do that. Not to mention the dragons attempt to climb it as well, Im more worried about the crickets as my wife is absolutely terrified of them. Id be willing to get some plexi and put it along all the walls, but that is gonna be pretty expensive.

Attachments

• 20180110_202009.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
So I just built a new wood enclosure measuring roughly 22Hx18Dx48W. My two beardies seem to be enjoying it so far. I just tried to feed them their crickets after moving them into the new enclosure and with a little success. The problem I ran into is the crickets continuously climbed the wall. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep them from doing that? I dont want them climbing out of the enclosure completely. Already had one do that. Not to mention the dragons attempt to climb it as well, Im more worried about the crickets as my wife is absolutely terrified of them. Id be willing to get some plexi and put it along all the walls, but that is gonna be pretty expensive.
9a024620d33277916645ac70ec5d5ee3.jpg
you’re enclosure looks a lot mine! i didnt have that problem but maybe try going to joann fabrics or something like that and buying vinyl? you could even use a vinyl/plastic shower curtain and use that since it wont be getting scratched at or moved much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
also- just a tip to save you some annoyance later, id try and put the enclosure on top of something. theyre not the smartest little animals and they wont realize the plexi is there when they’re on the floor and theyll think they can get out so theyll sit there and scratch at the plexi. it is the most ANNOYING sound on the planet

Trzenoga

Bearded Dragon Egg
9a024620d33277916645ac70ec5d5ee3.jpg
you’re enclosure looks a lot mine! i didnt have that problem but maybe try going to joann fabrics or something like that and buying vinyl? you could even use a vinyl/plastic shower curtain and use that since it wont be getting scratched at or moved much

No gonna lie, it may have been yours I saw last night when looking up front loaders and liked it. So I built it today.

Thanks for the idea, Ill stop by there tomorrow and grab some and see how it works

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Trzenoga

Bearded Dragon Egg
also- just a tip to save you some annoyance later, id try and put the enclosure on top of something. theyre not the smartest little animals and they wont realize the plexi is there when they’re on the floor and theyll think they can get out so theyll sit there and scratch at the plexi. it is the most ANNOYING sound on the planet

Theyre already doing that lol. I still have to build the stand which I can have done in two days

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
Theyre already doing that lol. I still have to build the stand which I can have done in two days

yeah its insanely annoying, had my tanks set up like this for awhile
a3b66ba6ef0e4e8608fdac54a610abee.jpg
so he stopped and i moved them to be like that picture and now he doesnt do it anymore, i let him roam my room every few days so that helps too

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
also another question, is the front plexi or the picture frame type glass from home depot?

Trzenoga

Bearded Dragon Egg
also another question, is the front plexi or the picture frame type glass from home depot?

Its plexi from home depot, almost 1/4 inch thick. I got it here for around $25 per sheet. They're 18x24

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
Its plexi from home depot, almost 1/4 inch thick. I got it here for around $25 per sheet. They're 18x24

okay good just checking, it looked like glass from the pics. never get the glass, the edges chip really easily

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Just a question, I notice neither of you have put any side or back vents in your builds. How do you keep the air flow circulating? isnt it harder to maintain steady temps that way?

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
Just a question, I notice neither of you have put any side or back vents in your builds. How do you keep the air flow circulating? isnt it harder to maintain steady temps that way?
i dont have vents either, but i maintain steady temps on both sides. cool side is about 80, basking side is 91 with a basking spot of 98-100°

plus whenever im in my room his door is open and hes free to roam if he wants cooler as my room is 75° roughly. half the time ill leave the door open for hours at a time and he still wont leave his tank hahahaha

Trzenoga

Bearded Dragon Egg
As of right now, mine isnt completely enclosed. I have 1/2 inch chicken wire on top

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
As of right now, mine isnt completely enclosed. I have 1/2 inch chicken wire on top

mine isnt air tight either, i have gaps between the plexi and the wood, i have gaps between some of the wood due to some things not being cut properly and i have a couple holes on top for cords to go through

Latest posts