• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New upgrade

Lucas791

Hatchling Dragon
What do y'all think of my 12 inch dragons new forty gallon tank? Any reccomendations?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 80

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Eventually you are going to need a thicker stick. You'll notice as they get bigger and they crawl up a thin stick their nails will start to curve inward, because they are using them to grip onto the stick. When we first got Dexter I noticed that happening and after I got rid of the stick and got her a piece of driftwood and she walked on the floor a bit more, her nails straightened out. Also, use your vertical space a bit. Maybe a hammock or a ledge or something. Surprisingly they sometimes like to be up off the floor.

Lucas791

Hatchling Dragon
Eventually you are going to need a thicker stick. You'll notice as they get bigger and they crawl up a thin stick their nails will start to curve inward, because they are using them to grip onto the stick. When we first got Dexter I noticed that happening and after I got rid of the stick and got her a piece of driftwood and she walked on the floor a bit more, her nails straightened out. Also, use your vertical space a bit. Maybe a hammock or a ledge or something. Surprisingly they sometimes like to be up off the floor.
Thanks! I actually got a wider stick today, now he climbs up it and just let's his arms and feet dangle.

Lucas791

Hatchling Dragon
Should I turn the cool side light off? Does it matter if half of the tank is a little dark?

Marquez0352

Hatchling Dragon
Lighting is peference in my opinion. As long as you have something providing heat and UVB, set up shouldn't matter. All up to you as the parent!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yep lighting is a preference on the cool side. As long as the basking temp is right and the cool side is 75-80ish during the day you are fine without a light on that side.

Latest posts