• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to this forum

ewood810

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello,
I posted on here yesterday about my beardie being out and getting cold and I would like to thank every one on here for there help. I have learned allot so far from reading this forum and some others that are out there. I purchased Sid on Saturday and I have been really enjoying him since. The people that I purchased him from didn't seem to tell me every thing that would of really helped me in taking care of him such as that he needed a uvb lamp. So upon researching I ran out and grabbed a uvb tube light and now he has that. He is in he little 30"x12" viv that is way to small for him. No real basking area and it just no room for him to really move. So I have started construction on a 72"x18"x24" viv. With a radiant heat floor. :) That way he will have a proper basking area and plenty of room for him to run around and explore. I have just purchased all the lighting he will need to have a proper home to hopefully live along time. Last night was the first night he has slept with out any lights on him. ( thanks to the advise of this forum ) and he seemed to be sleeping much harder this morning when I went to see him to turn his lights on for the day. I will post some pictures of him when I can. But he is such a sweet heart. I am kind of worried that he has not pooped since I brought him home on Saturday. But I have been giving him a bath every other day ( he is not to amused at that ) and it hasn't seemed to happen yet. So I am hoping that he will soon. I am also going to be taking him to the vet soon to get him a check up. But thats the story for now and I will update regularly, again thanks for all the useful information so far.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
welcome! hehehe
I'm glad you've found what you're looking for here. A small community with varied points and rather friendly.
You're doing a fantastic job getting things squared away that weren't previously in place. It's not always easy to catch up, when you've started the race behind. But that's changing, and when you get the new viv established, he'll be one happy camper.
Considering the previous conditions you stated in one of your posts, a vet check is a good idea. Try to take the fecal in when he produces so that they can assess any issues.

Again, welcome to our little neck of the woods. Have some fun, post up some pics and enjoy!!!

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello and count this as your official welcome. If he is eating regularly, you may want to consider bathing him daily until you get a poop. You can also gently massage his tummy to see if you feel a small ball. That would his poo needing to come out.

ewood810

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ha!!! My Sid has gone poo. I honestly never have been so happy that something has had a bowl movement. So I am kind of assuming that as long as he goes every few days then he is doing ok. And now that he has polished off his whole bowl of greens i am sure he will want more. This guy is a pig.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL................
Seriously we gotta be the only crowd of thousands of people that jump up and down and get giddy over POOP!!!!!!

Way to go SID

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have always thought it was comical how pretty much any other animal keeper sees poop as a neccessary evil why we in the reptile world get extremely happy whenever our animals have nice healthy movements lol.