• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to the site

Marie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello everyone. I got a bearded dragon at the beginning of October. He was 10 weeks old and we named him Gunnar. We researched a lot and did everything right. This morning and afternoon Gunnar ate fine and was playing as normal. However this afternoon he became cold and was acting funny. I don't know what happened. I tried everything I could but he passed to lizard heaven anyway :( my oldest son cried and cried. He became attached as we all did. We are very upset. Gunnar was such a cool pet to have. I wish I knew what went wrong. We would like to have another one but I'm a bit scared this will happen again.

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Babies take a little more "care" than the older ones. Don't give up on beardies because they are really great pets. I'm sorry about your last little guy, that is so sad to hear. Do you know what the temps were and what his living conditions (tank set-up) was like so we might be able to see if there was anything to change? Have you thought about getting a juvenile or an adult? They are a little easier to take care of and start to be easier to handle.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sorry 4 your loss :(. Like mentioned above, little ones require more care.

Latest posts