• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to the site

Experiment397

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey waz up guys (and gals) i have had my beardie for the past 5 1/2 years ;D. I love my beardies and absolutely love beardies and just about and critter actually 8) i love to decorate my beardies tank and spoil him rotten, he loves mango and fuzzie mice along with red bell pepper ;D. In the summer he runs around my backyard and eats hornets and crickets, i know the hornets aren't so good for him but their is no stopping him ::) ::). he is a good 18 inches long and is very spoiled ;D i would like to get him a friend the local petstore has a leatherback male that i am looking at, i would like to post some pix :), his name is copper for a reason he is not as colorful as some beardies but for a local petstore beardie he is pretty orange under the beard :D. I'll be posting some pix soon folks so keep tuned. feel free to comment. ;)

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hows it goin and welcome. letting your beardie eat insects from your yard aint so good as the bugs in question could have been in contact with pesticides, insectisides, weedkiller and all is harmful to these little fellas, now as for givin your little fella a friend now is this purpose in aid of breeding or to make a colony because beardies are loners in the wild and usually only meet up to breed, two males together will fight and end up with two very seriously injured beardies or even death and housing a female and male together can have the same problems which i a little less likley but you have the added problem of stress on the female constantly getting hassled egg laying what would you do if your not prepared cos youll end up needing more setups no more than 5 babies to a viv and spare ones for the problem babies, incubator, loads of feed very costly. now are you looking for one for you or the beardie come on you can tell me lol or you could do another setup: viv, another uvb bulb and starter, basking light, guards for the lights, thermostat, heatmat, 2 digi probe thermometers and any other decor wanted i.e substrate plants etc
i dont want to put you off getting another dragon but just want to make sure you are getting one for the right reasons.

paul

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello and welcome to our little corner of sanity !
We always welcome photos !
Janie

sara

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
In my honest opinion mice should not be given to beardies. Someone correct me if I am wrong,but mice can cause impaction in beardies and fuzzy mice are a definate no-no,your beardie could get choked on fur.Are you offering veggies at all,veggies are very good for beardies and should be offered daily.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sara, there are circumstances where pinkies might be offered to say a female who is worn down from egg laying.. Not though a practice I would do on a regular basis..
Pretty much all is needed are high protein, low fat content feeders.. dubias, silks, that sort.
Hope that helps !
Janie

Michele654

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Wow I though my beardies was spoilt..LOL..anyway hello and welcome. Enjoy the site!

Latest posts