• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to the site but need some serious help please..

Spikeithard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Lol they are triggered into a feeding response by motion. They are more likely to go after a fast moving cricket then a slow moveing cricket.
haha.. its like the tyranasaurus rex! haha

"Keep absolutely still. His vision's based on movement" lol

Missy

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Plus, I would suggest withhold from handling the baby dragon for a few weeks. After a week of just letting him/her chill in the viv, then start hand training with JUST putting your hand in there for the baby to scope you out. After a while, he/she will begin to climb on you. Then, start to lift the dragon up in your hand, but DO NOT TAKE OUT THE VIVARIUM... After a few weeks, then you can start to remove the dragon completely from the viv.

Spikeithard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
hey.. last question. It seems like after eating a few crickets my dragon almost gets scared of an approaching cricket and backs up and up onto its branch for a while then tries again when it's nerves are back. know what I mean? kinda does a hop back move away from them

tdrost

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
hey.. last question. It seems like after eating a few crickets my dragon almost gets scared of an approaching cricket and backs up and up onto its branch for a while then tries again when it's nerves are back. know what I mean? kinda does a hop back move away from them
i don't blame the little guy! I do the same thing! they are scary little beasts! :)
on a serious note, I wouldn't worry if he is getting his nerves back and does go after them!
hunting can be scary when your prey is coming at ya!

Latest posts