• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to the group.

Tawana

Bearded Dragon Egg
image.jpg
Hello all. I’m happy to be here. I have two beardies, a boy and a girl.

I believe we were finally able to determine their sex. Until now we had their sex mixed up. We named Lizza because we thought he was a girl and Lightening because we thought she was a boy.

I think we need to switch their names. Do beardies recognize their names? Will changing their names confuse them?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum and to beardies!! I think over time they do recognize their names or the tone in which you talk to them is more likely. I don't think changing them at this point will make any difference..
Under several of our comments you will find links that will take you to the general care section at the top we've put together a ton of helpful information..You want to be very careful about loose substrate as dragon's lick their environment all the time and with them having a sticky tongue they will ingest loose material. I worry about the pellets expanding in their belly taking needed hydration away from them to digest. They are by far better than sand mind you.. Just wanted to let you know as well as other people reading about substrate..solid substrate is always best like tile, shelf liner, reptile carpet make for ease of clean up and are cleaner all around.

Latest posts