• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to the community

USARetired

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone,

Frank here! I have 2 new baby Beardies about 8 weeks old now. I am learning a lot. I will eventually put them in separate enclosures but for now they are together and doing fine. They breed I purchased them from said they are male and female. Not so sure about that.

My concern right now is that the tails of both dragons have indentation near the very end. Not sure if it's an issue. they both have it. They both recently shedded. Should I worry. Been giving baths and putting hydrogen peroxide on tails. They both are in good spirits and eating well.

Thanks

Attachments

• tail1.jpg
    tail1.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 16

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Welcome Frank!

Not sure what is going on with the tail. Since they just shed I'm thinking retained shed. Don't use peroxide on them, it will hurt them. Just give baths, and take a soft toothbrush and brush the area gently. Before they go to bed put some mineral oil or coconut oil on it and it should loosen the skin. It may take a few tries.

USARetired

Bearded Dragon Egg
Welcome Frank!

Not sure what is going on with the tail. Since they just shed I'm thinking retained shed. Don't use peroxide on them, it will hurt them. Just give baths, and take a soft toothbrush and brush the area gently. Before they go to bed put some mineral oil or coconut oil on it and it should loosen the skin. It may take a few tries.

Thanks for the response PatsyB! I tell are already looking better by bathing them a little more often. I will try the mineral oil!

Latest posts