• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to the BDF

**CHRIS**

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello everyone... Me and my wife just got a 5 year old male beardy from a friend that couldn't take care of him anymore... Hes not particularly in the best shape, hes a little skinny and is pretty dull looking from a past shed that didn't go to well, he eats fine just has been lacking the right care but hes in a better home now and is doing much better... Not completely sure what kind he is, hes a bright yellow with a dark blue throat...

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
welcome aboard Chris. Post some pics and we can give you our best guess. check out the care sheet and feel free to ask questions.

**CHRIS**

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
crypticdragons said:
blue throat?
just double checking here is it actual blue? cause you may not have a bearded dragon
could be a "false bearded dragon" also known as a checkerboard agama or a blue throat agama
this is a link to what they look like when they are young http://www.massasaugaimports.com/pics/checkerboards001.jpg

nope he is definatly a bearded dragon.... he is bright yellow with a very dark blue/black throat.... he looks exactly like this with a much darker throat....

7383053-sm.jpg

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
HI, Chris and welcome to our forum! Glad you could take the little guy in and give him the proper care. Please let us know if you have any questions. It is easy to take care of these guys once you have the basics down. Here's a link to our care sheet:

Bearded Dragon Care

**CHRIS**

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Renee said:
HI, Chris and welcome to our forum! Glad you could take the little guy in and give him the proper care. Please let us know if you have any questions. It is easy to take care of these guys once you have the basics down. Here's a link to our care sheet:

Bearded Dragon Care

thanks.... hes in a 75 gallon with 8.0 and 2.0 uvb lights with a good ceramic heater bulb and plenty of large sticks, i dont use sand, hes on news paper right now....

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How come there are 2 UV lights? Do you have a basking light?

**CHRIS**

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Renee said:
How come there are 2 UV lights? Do you have a basking light?

the 2.0 is super bright white and counters the blue of the 8.0, its what the company recomended was a good combo if not i have plenty of straight floresent bulbs.... yes he has a basking light and a ceramic light buld set to diferent distances for difent bask temps.... i have exspeience with a lot of rept's but if im really doing somthing wronge id like to know...

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Chis thank you for rescuing your dragon...he sounds like he is in better hands now !!

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That "blue" I suspect is actually called "Black bearding". Might want to take him on into a qualified vet to make sure he is okay... Oh and you might wanna get a fecal done on him too...
Just my .25 ;)
Janie.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
**CHRIS** said:
the 2.0 is super bright white and counters the blue of the 8.0, its what the company recomended was a good combo if not i have plenty of straight floresent bulbs.... yes he has a basking light and a ceramic light buld set to diferent distances for difent bask temps.... i have exspeience with a lot of rept's but if im really doing somthing wronge id like to know...

Hmm...I'm not familiar with those lights. Who is the manufacturer? It may be nothing, but I'd like to investigate the super bright white and blue. You should only need one UV light. Some use the MegaRay for both heat and UV light and some use the florescent tube. I'm partial to the ReptiSun 10.0.

Latest posts