• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to Me 1yo, No poop, doesn't eat

LeAnn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone! We got Sunny from an expo on the 21st. Since getting her she has only eaten 6 crickets and 3 roaches, no fruit, no veggies. She is acting fine as far as I can tell. She basks all day and sleeps in the same spot at night. We did handle her too much at first, but we are only handling her for baths now.

Other info
-40 gallon breeder
-160w solar glo
-100/80 hot/cool side
-offered roaches, meal worms, crickets, mustard greens, kale, carrots, apples, bell peppers, banana (only a bite to entice her), blackberries
-no vet visit yet

Questions:
1. How long can she go without eating? When should I be worried?
20181101_145952.jpg
20181031_142947.jpg
20181028_094955.jpg
received_114400916147134.jpeg

2. I'm in the St. Louis area and need a vet rec.
3. How do you know if they are sick or going through brumation?
20181101_145952.jpg
20181031_142947.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
She looks way bigger on the log in her tank than she does in the other pictures. How old is she? If she truly is a baby, you need to bump up your temp in the basking spot to 107-110 degrees. That could be why she's not eating much. Also, if she is a baby, they tend to not eat their greens right away which is okay since they need more protein at this age.

LeAnn

Bearded Dragon Egg
She looks way bigger on the log in her tank than she does in the other pictures. How old is she? If she truly is a baby, you need to bump up your temp in the basking spot to 107-110 degrees. That could be why she's not eating much. Also, if she is a baby, they tend to not eat their greens right away which is okay since they need more protein at this age.
Hi patsy! She is one, so not a baby. She FINALLY pooped today, but still isn't eating. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Fingers crossed! Sometimes they just need to poop to get back on track.

Latest posts