• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

NEW TO FORUM

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
But familiar with beardies. I bought four over 20 years ago and they lived 8-11 years. I just bought two more since I retired and can devote more time to them. I've had them for ten days now and both are eating well, although the smaller one who is 7 inches long is bullying the larger one who is 8 inches long. Already thinking about separating them. Wondering if they are both males but it's hard for me to tell since they are youngsters still. Maybe I'll take pictures of both undersides and get some help. I picked one for my 4 year old grandson and finally talked my wife into getting a couple .

SusieQ

Bearded Dragon Egg
You should never house beardies together as they are solitary animals. Too many risks as one will always dominate the other and it only takes seconds for real damage to be done to one or the other.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum and back to beardies :) Would love to take a look at your dragons to help you out if your still wondering. You can also take a look at the links below several of our comments called general info new comers in that thread we have a section on how to determine the sex of the dragon.
Hope that you are able to separate them if 1 is getting bullied, both sexes can show dominance towards the smaller dragon, while there are some that are able to co-hab it's not advised for obvious reasons.
Looking forward to seeing pictures

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I'm separating them as soon as I finish dinner. Have everything set up with lights on, just can't decide which one should go into smaller enclosure. It's the smaller dragon chasing the larger one. Many years ago I housed my male with two females year round with no aggression except breeding season. I kept the males separated all the time.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yea that's going to be a decision of who you think is going to be bigger or more active..

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Since I separated them, Spike which is the one I moved appears to be sulking. He won't eat crickets or greens in the new enclosure but will eat superworms that I hand feed him when I take him out. Definitely keeping and eye on him.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Maybe just going through some moving sickness. He'll come around once he realizes he only moved tanks and the rest of the surroundings are the same.

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I switched Spike Jr. back to the original cage after giving him water through a syringe and a bath. I put Archer in the smaller enclosure and he's adapting to it well so far. Already eating crickets and greens this morning in his new cage. I guess some adapt to change better than others.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I switched Spike Jr. back to the original cage after giving him water through a syringe and a bath. I put Archer in the smaller enclosure and he's adapting to it well so far. Already eating crickets and greens this morning in his new cage. I guess some adapt to change better than others.
Yea some adapt quickly and some like to be stubborn...

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Both are eating good now and Spike is getting familiar with the entire aquarium now. He keeps taking bites at the artificial green plants even though the real greens are inches away. He shed yesterday so that's a good sign. I ordered a Cavern kit with excavator clay and once it gets here will start setting up a bigger enclosure for Archer.
IMG_4096.JPG
IMG_4097.JPG

Latest posts