• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new to forum but not to reptiles

zwiser

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hello my name is zach im from harrisburg pa and ive owned reptiles all my life but i got a beardie alittle bit ago and hes having some troblem eating the rest of the reptiles i have are a turtle and four breeder crested geckos turtles name is tic( i was going to get two and call them tic tac but relized how big they get) geckos names are jacoby and lola the other two im just raising till the get old enough to sell so they dont have names and the beardies name is sid from iceage the movie

sublyme

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
beardies are territorial. be sure to give him his own place to stay' away from the other reptiles. this is one of the best sites for educating your self on bearded dragons.

welcome~

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Can you answer a few questions.

Husbandry Questions

1. Age
2. Length
3. Weight
4. Basking temps
5. Are they measures with a digital thermometer
6. What % and age uvb
7. What is the substrate
8. What size tank
9. How many/big are the crix you are feeding
10. What greens
11. Are you dusting w/ a multi vitamin and calcium
12. Last poop
13. Last soak
14. How long has he/she been in your home

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi and welcome to the forum. I"ll provide a link to our basic caresheet. Feel free to create a new post if you have any questions. I don't want your questions or dragon info to get buried in the Intro board. Dragons are a bunch of fun, once you get the basics down (temp, lighting, substrate, food), it will be smooth sailing.

Bearded Dragon Care

zwiser

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1. Age: about 1 1/2 years
2. Length: not real sure
3. Weight: not real sure
4. Basking temps: 100.7 as of right now
5. Are they measures with a digital thermometer: yes
6. What % and age uvb: two 10% and there both like 4 months old
7. What is the substrate: desert blend
8. What size tank: 120g
9. How many/big are the crix you are feeding: i usally feed her like 20 large crickets a day but now shes only eating like 5 a day and some veggies but still offer the 20
10. What greens: salad mix without any of the harmful stuff in the book i have
11. Are you dusting w/ a multi vitamin and calcium: yes both
12. Last poop: 3 days ago very small and very dark
13. Last soak: 2 days ago
14. How long has he/she been in your home: about a year

zwiser

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
BTW she does seem to be sleeping more could she just be brumating

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
zwiser said:
1. Age: about 1 1/2 years
2. Length: not real sure
3. Weight: not real sure
4. Basking temps: 100.7 as of right now
5. Are they measures with a digital thermometer: yes
6. What % and age uvb: two 10% and there both like 4 months old What brand?7. What is the substrate: desert blend This is calcium sand correct? If so, this isn't a good substrate choice. It can and does cause impaction problems. The only particle substrate that is okay is regular washed sifted playsand. All others are dangerous. A non particle like non-adhesive shelf liner, paper towels, reptile carpet or ceramic tiles are the best choice.
8. What size tank: 120g
9. How many/big are the crix you are feeding: i usally feed her like 20 large crickets a day but now shes only eating like 5 a day and some veggies but still offer the 20
10. What greens: salad mix without any of the harmful stuff in the book i have
11. Are you dusting w/ a multi vitamin and calcium: yes both
12. Last poop: 3 days ago very small and very dark
13. Last soak: 2 days ago
14. How long has he/she been in your home: about a year

At 1 1/2 years old she could be starting to brumate a little. As long as she still basks, I wouldn't worry too much. This point she should be cutting down on protein anyways. That is too little though. If things don't change in a day or so and her poops are still the same, I wold get a fecal done to be sure parasites aren't a problem.

zwiser

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ok whenever she basks she buffs her beard out and desert blend isnt calcium based its natral sand sorta with odor reducing stuff in it becuase whenever i used play sand it started to stink real bad and i keep a clean tank and the brands of the bulbs are exoterra 10.0

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The best uvb is a repti sun 10.0% Really worth getting it. As for heat...you only need a regular household bulb.

What is the brand of sand. "Desert Blend" is normally a calcium sand.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
zwiser said:
with odor reducing stuff

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay... This is a bit... concerning. The reason the stink happens is when the bacteria builds up.
I'm curious as to what are you using to reduce the odor since you aren't changing it out all that often ?

Latest posts