• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to Beardies :)

Heather Helton

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi!!! My name is Heather. Our family has quite a few reptiles (ball pythons. water monitors, crested geckos and even a couple tarantulas) but we just aquired our first Beardie! We are so excited to have him! We got him for free from a family who was just to busy. We think he is absolutely beautiful and are already enjoying taking him places with us. We were told he is a red but we've been looking around and havn't been able to find pics of any others quite like him. I would love any information I could get. This is a good pic of him but his beard gets to be a super deep purple. thanks!!!

Attachments

• beardie.jpg
    beardie.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the BDF, Heather! Very gorgeous dragon, I bet you're proud.
Unfortunately, it's hard to know for sure what he is without knowing his history, what his mom and dad are.

Heather Helton

Bearded Dragon Egg
We are very proud and thank you very much! unfortunately we have no way of knowing what he came from. The people who posted him for free on CL said they had gotten him from someone else who had moved and didnt want to take him with them :( He reminds me of a sunset, he goes from deep reds and purples to orangey reds to orange orange.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
We are very proud and thank you very much! unfortunately we have no way of knowing what he came from. The people who posted him for free on CL said they had gotten him from someone else who had moved and didnt want to take him with them :( He reminds me of a sunset, he goes from deep reds and purples to orangey reds to orange orange.
Huh. Maybe a high red? Anyway, just a thought. Sounds like he's moved around a bit. I hope he's found his permanent home with you, poor lil guy!

Heather Helton

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sorry, my husband just pointed out that it probably sounded like I was trying to refer to nonexistant morph... lol its been a long day :) I just meant that he reminds me of the colors on the horizon during a really pretty sunset.

Pat B

Super Moderator
WOW! He is beautiful and welcome to the forum....the best one on the internet. My little Spike is an 'ordinary' beardie. However, when he get's p'd it seems like his color changes. He is a little on the 'weird' side but still young. I am hoping he drops the attitude and gets friendlier as he ages!!

Latest posts