• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new to beardies

how do I know if stich is aggressive. He doesnt seem to want to be touched

• handleing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • behaviors

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

smiliemoe

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have a new beardie his name is stitch and is about 3months old. we got him in Oct. He would at first let us pick him up and than he started opening his mouth and hissing at me . I have started hand feeding him and he will let me do that and I have started trying to pet him also. what else should I be doing?

Beardie_Mommy3991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Make sure when you pick him up, never go at him from above. Slide your hand under their belly and pick them up that way. Their natural predator is birds, so they are scared at things coming from above. I wouldn't recomend hand feeding, unless you want him to end up a fat lazy lizard XD Mine is about the same age, and we put him in a sterilite bin and feed him there. That way he can chase all he wants, and not get away :D Also, no hunting down prey in his cage. As for what to feed, Most people go with dubia roaches or Crickets. I go with crickets, because they are cheap to buy in bulk and are easy to keep alive. You can find them at lots of online stores, like LLLreptile. They eat as many as you give them for the first 10 minutes. (It's natural for them to eat anywhere from 40 to 100 :confused:)) Above all, make sure to keep trying to pet him and giving him attention. :) This will lead to a strong bond and a friendly Stitch :)

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardies are not know to be aggressive or mean. Little ones instinct it to be scared of big things since they are often food for birds and bigger lizards and animals. In time once he/she learns you are not going to hurt it, it will calm down.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi and welcome. Looks like everyone took care of your question.

Latest posts