• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to Bearded Dragons

Bsd1x

Bearded Dragon Egg
Well we never made it to the reptile show this weekend. We are going to try and make the next one in July. Until then we will start buying some equipment, continue for researching and look for the enclosure. I am still debating on making a DIY enclosure.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Well we never made it to the reptile show this weekend. We are going to try and make the next one in July. Until then we will start buying some equipment, continue for researching and look for the enclosure. I am still debating on making a DIY enclosure.

That's a good idea. In the mean time get your stuff together and set up and in working order. You'll get a dragon when the time is right.

grayliz

Bearded Dragon Egg
If you are doing a diy enclosure, I might recommend figuring out a way to section it off; as others have said - sometimes the big space can be overwhelming.

Also I would recommend keeping the dragon in a room where there aren’t other lizards and animals. I’m sitting with my beardie in the living room while the tegu is doing his daily escape attempt (this involves a lot of squeaking as he thinks he can climb glass) and Ron keeps puffing his beard and turning black. We are about to move to the basement for anyone who is concerned.

xxlissydollxx

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Im not going to repeat what everyone else here has said because I haven't read anything I disagree with. I just want to encourage your choice of a beardie. They are a great, easy friend to take care of, they are very hardy creatures so you don't have to be paranoid about being spot on. When I first got mine as a rescue I was so scared to do something wrong, but i found out quickly that unlike some very delicate reptiles, you don't have to be perfect. You'll learn what they like and need, and like having a child, they all like different things My guy likes a bit cooler tank, even on his heat side (he prefers a range of 90-100). My point is that with a dragon, you can relax more without worrying about exact conditions. They will love you always for trying lol

Sorry if I offend anyone talking about my personal dragon care. The point of my post is that your son will have a new best friend