• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to bearded dragons Pablo and me

Bk7

Hatchling Dragon
Hello everybody thought I'd do a Pablo update and also had a couple of questions.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358899132.705646.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358899164.122406.jpg

He was standing so tall I had to catch a pic an share. He is doing great still growing very rapidly....sooooo time for a new enclosure and I found some1 who wants to trade my car speakers for this
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358899282.986245.jpg

It comes with an iguana witch I'm not familiar with. I have done research so I have a good idea but most likely plan to rehome him. I will keep him and care for him until I find a suitable home. not familiar with this enclosure tho and was wondering if it will be good for a bd
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358899475.005484.jpg

Was wondering if anyone could figure gallons for me
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358899547.034360.jpg

Who knows I might end up keeping "pickles"....that's his name. Would definitely have to get him a bigger enclosure.

Ian p

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I would suggest some research before you get "pickles" iguanas can tricky to care for sometimes.

Pat B

Super Moderator
He is a beautiful iguana. I don't know a dang thing about them but this one looks awesome. The only problem that I see with this enclosure is the floor space for a beardie. I don't think you have enough plus it is very tall. The picture of Pablo standing up is too precious. I have never seen a beardie do that!! He is standing tall and proud to be an American!! :D

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Great pics of Pablo.

The Iguana enclosure appears to be approximately a 70 Gal Bay Front aquarium, more that enough floor space for a BD. Almost as much as my 90 gal, which is 6 Square feet of floor area. By my calculations, that one is approximately 5.5 square feet of floor area.

Charley

Hatchling Dragon
Your beardie has some smexy colours going on there! Mmmm iguanaaaaaas. I take it Pickles is not full sized yet? If you were to keep him, you'd probably have to get a bigger enclosure for him to throw his weight around in :-D

Reactions: Bk7

Bk7

Hatchling Dragon
Actually an iguana's basic care seems pretty similar to a beardie. Besides humidity and that iguanas don't need animal protein. This setup comes with two dome lights, a hood light, from what I can semi calculate :) a 58 gallon tank, and a nice wooden stand. ( im trading for 200 dollar car subwoofer setup ) it's only 21.5 inches tall that not to tall is it? That's why I'm here though for advice and I appreciate any...

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm not Iguana experienced, but I do know that enclosure is much too small for one & it can grow to 6+ feet & 20+ pounds. Be prepared for that if you intend on getting & keeping it. It may not be as easy as you think to rehome a growing Iguana because of it's size potential.

Bk7

Hatchling Dragon
@Charley thanx...his colors are pretty nice huh... I picked him up on Ben Siegel's Facebook auctions they have some really quality reptiles and they go for great prices. I think I ended up givin 30$ for Pablo and he was sold as just a normal. But back to the iguana yes if I did decide to keep him I would definitely build him a good quality enclosure and I promise just because I plan on getting rid of him he would be well taken care of until he was re homed and I would find him a suitable home as well. But who knows I prolly would decide to keep him ;). But my main interest is the enclosure he is currently in for a tank and stand its a great trade if its suitable for Pablo as an adult.

Bk7

Hatchling Dragon
So is it suitable for Pablo as an adult? Btw I sexed him today and he is for sure a male, two big hemipenes! Well endowed I might add...lmao

Charley

Hatchling Dragon
That sounds like a great deal! I looooove iguanas, far into the future (when I have my own place and the space) I intend to either have an iguana or some kind of monitor. Have recently started researching them all to see which would be best, but I'm gonna need the space first! :-D If you do decide to keep Pickles, you could look into the Leguan Legune page on facebook. The guy that runs it, Jon, keeps a helllll load of iguanas so he could advise you on anything you need to know OR just go for the pictures :-D of which there are many and they are fabulous.

Bk7

Hatchling Dragon
I will definitely take good care of pickles while he is in my care...which I'm thinking is going to be permanently. First thing on the list is build a appropriate sized enclosure. I'm thinking that might cost me around 200. Way cheaper than the aquarium and stand so win win!

Latest posts