• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new to bearded dragons and forum

karlos187

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hey my name is karl, i have only had a bearded dragon for about a week and want to make sure im doing everything rite i just have a few questions;
i understand that it takes a while for my beardy to get used to me but its beard is always puffed out, is this normal?
and i think my beardy looks very thin is there any advise u could give me
any advise would be appresiated

Beardie_Mommy3991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
HI! Welcome to the forum! It's hard to beleive I was in your position about 4 months ago. Blaze most likely has his beard puffed out for a few reasons.
1) For the first week to a few weeks, he will be experiencing some relocations stress. Imagine suddenly leaving your family and getting put into a new place, with new people. He is most likely confused and scared. Give him time to settle in, don't handle him too much until he does. :) This stress may also cause eating pickyness, black beard or stress marks, and irritability.
2) Some beardies like having their beard out while soakin up some nice UVB rays :)
3)Blaze could be showing off :p
4)Every beardie is different. Maybe he just likes bearding. :)

Anyway, welcome again! Hope you enjoy this forum, and learn alot!!

Latest posts