• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello all !

Just letting you know that I scored a new tank for Harley ;D it is a 70 gallon...just concerned a bit to the difference is size....should I ease him into it ?? as I do not want to scare the poor guy ??

Any advise welcome.

Thanks
Laurie

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, Laurie. They can experience relocation stress when moved to a new tank. It should only last a couple of weeks at most. I think you mentioned that Marley is a bit over a year, right? He should be fine.

If you have concerns and want to make the transition slowly, you may consider using the new viv as his feeding tank for now. Or putting him in it gradually, but they may cause more confusion and stress for the little guy.

When we moved Bernie to his adult viv, we just made the move. He seemed grateful for the larger space. :) We didn't experience relocation stress with him. He was a little over a year when we moved him.

brasshandle

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hi laurie,id just put harley right in,we did with marleys new viv he looked a bit confused for a day but no other problems and the he just loved the extra space.harley will love it and make him a lot happier,brasshandle ;D ;D

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok so I was a brave mom and put Harley right in....he loves it !!! he keeps running round everything...as first he would only move a few inches and then stick out his tongue and then go a bit further.....now there is no stoping the little guy !

I have attached some pics, as I got some new stuff as well !

Take Care
Laurie

newtank1.jpg

newtank2.jpg

newtank3.jpg

newtank5.jpg

newtank6.jpg

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sweet setup! I'm sure Harley is very appreciative of having larger quarters. Who wouldn't want more room to move around?

beardielover

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i'm a bit late, but i was going to state to also just go for it. i'm glad it worked out. harley is adorable and looks very happy in his new environment.

you may want to consider looking for a hood for your viv. this would stretch the length of the tank and the lights would be up in there. this would also give you a long florescent tube so he would get his uvb from anywhere in the tank.

BeardedBob

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
That is a nice large terrarium! Stepping on up...to the de-luxe apartment in the sky-y-y

George and Weezy would be proud :p

brasshandle

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
well done laurie,tank looks great and harley looks great,bet harley just loves it.love brasshandle,ps, did you catch harley by surprise when you took photo,made me laugh. ;D ;D

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
brasshandle said:
did you catch harley by surprise when you took photo,made me laugh. ;D ;D

So funny you said this...and yes I did...its like one of those model poses....we take enough pics of him I think he beleives he is a superstar !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts