• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New reptile

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ok now we got the beardie thing down we are interested in getting a different kind of reptile. Are there any others that are as easy to keep as beardies? And as friendly?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
does it have to be friendly?

i think tokay geckos are the coolest things ever but they arent exactly nice

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
tokay geckos are pretty cool but i have 4 small kids that would probably get their fingers bitten off lol. I will probably end up getting another beardie. They are wonderful

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
small kids........................
I'd consider a blue tongue skink............they make good pets to associate with kids if they're acclimated early. They're a larger species, not so easy to cause harm to the animal from little hands.

Provided they're not toddler size, a leopard gecko makes a pretty good pet for children. they're hardy, easy and cheap to keep, docile, but small and can be injured by little hands. My 2 year old grand daughter does handle them often under supervision with no problem.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
thanks time to research what about longtail grass lizards? they are pretty neat too

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
legless lizards are neat in their way. They're relatively docile, easy to manage and keep. Another good choice for kids.

I just can't seem to find that "niche" for them. But i know alot of people that absolutely love theirs.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
And we all know her stand on snakes ;) I can't believe you actually got her to take a photo next to one ;)
Janie lol

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
they look very much like snakes, but their behaviorisms are quite different. The legless lizards are often pretty sociable. I've got some friends that live where they are wild, and say that become accustomed to human very easy and they've often looked down to see one trodging along just a foot or so away with no aggressive acts whatsoever.

chucks parents

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I must agree with your wife on the snake thing. They may not act like snakes, but the look gets me.... Sorry to all you snake lovers... I can't even get close enough to take pictures. My kids make fun of me all the time. I'm generally note the girlie type, but snakes get me everytime....

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
may i suggest horned toad lizards
yes they are lizards not toads dont ask about the name they are basically the same they even look like a smaller version of beardie not as trusting of people but they wont bite they will run alot faster and arent as willing to let you pick them up 20gal long is all one needs to be comfy the only problem is that they need their crickets alive but acidic so if you get one put some vinegar on them not enough to kill them but coat the crickets these lizards are ant eaters and since its hard to buy them they do fine with vinegar flavored crickets same lighting as beardies but lower temps around 95 to bask and a warm side of about 70-75

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
TOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU did NOT just suggest a Monitor ! *Baps him on the shoulder*
Janie.

Latest posts