• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Plants

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
So Ive been searching for live plants that I can put in his enclosure for awhile now. Its been a bit difficult as they have to be non toxic in case he eats them, and they have to hold up in the conditions (hot, arid, and trampled often by big yellow dragon). I think I found some that will do the trick. The three I chose were Hen and Chicks (Echevaria perle van nurnber), Ponytail palm (Beaucarnia recurvata) and the Black rose (Aeonium atropurpurea). It makes the enclosure look much more natural and hopefully he wont destroy them too quickly. ;) Here are some pics...

54D55096-7880-47C3-ABC2-3714D7277899_zpstcqzvoai.jpg

60A9B985-D9F5-498B-A3C6-7EB63EAF4BF2_zpsaxobh8li.jpg

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I use a bioactive substrate Ntt. It's a mix of topsoil, sand, charcoal, and humus, with a drainage layer below.

Yes, that could definitely work Dragon Lord, I just have never had much luck with cacti for some reason. They also grow so slowly normally that I thought they might not hold up to the abuse as well.

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
My dragon love chewing on them so that might increase how fast you have to replace then. But cactus are usually very durable.

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Mine grow outside and I know there is nooooo pesticide or anything that can harm them, very containers. They like the barrel cactus for sunning even with the needles (scared me the first time Razor climbed one. Actually their favorite to eat is aloe.......go figure. They also like the cactus fruit (red buds that bloom flowers). I can't tell you the species because its not my area of exposure, my gf looked it up when I was smoothing Razor after he ate some the first time.

Latest posts