• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Owner

Ericka

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi, I'm a new owner of a beardie named Sonnie. I got her at pet store and when I brought her home she wasn't very active, but alert and wasn't eating to much. Now she is running around and eating 3 crickets in the morning and some greens in the afternoon. Question is that normal maybe b/c she wasn't familiar where she was or should I be concerned that there is something wrong w/ her.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
HI, Ericka and welcome to our forum. You will have a blast with Sonnie. Beardies are fun to have around.

Sonnie could be experiencing relocatin stress. It happens to some when they get a new home. It can last anywhere from a couple of days to about 2 weeks. Relo stress varies per dragon.

He is eating, so that is good. You should see the quantity increase. Do you know how old Sonnie is?

Also, here is a link to some basic care info. Give it a read and let us know if you have any questions.
Bearded Dragon Care

Ericka

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks so much for your info I'm pretty sure I'm going to have more questions going forward. I want to say Sonnie is about 3-4 mths old according to the pet store, and also thank you for the link. I've been reading it at work Shhhh don't tell my boss. I'm waiting for her to get a little older so I can really tell if she is a girl or a boy at least if I find out she is a he I don't have to change the name lol

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the faaaaaamily! Oh and pictures are required for all of us beardie photo hounds.... ;)
Janie.

Ericka

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'm actually working on that as well I took a couple of pics of her but I will try to have them up by this weekend and hopefully with a new member as well.

Ericka

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
This is my little girl (hopefully) Sonnie (this took me forever to figure out how to get the pics up but finally they are here.

232323232%7Ffp532%3C%3A%3Enu%3D327%3B%3E%3A72%3E234%3E236%3C%3A72325234ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp532%3C%3A%3Enu%3D3242%3E59%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D327%3B%3B7%3B759325nu0mrj

This is my step son Nick's beardie named Coletrain for anyone that plays Gears of Wars you would know who he named his beardie after

232323232%7Ffp532%3C8%3Enu%3D3242%3E59%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D327%3B%3B7%3B763325nu0mrj

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Here I go again, but I have to ask - are you housing the two together?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If you are, then you will want to get a second separate set up, lights, decor, UVB the works for one or the other ;)
Janie.
Sorry Renee, I think I beat you to the second punch... Forgive me ? * innocent sweet face*

Ericka

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yes, I am sorry. I didn't know about not housing them together until after I read that someone else was doing the same. I have ask 4 different pet stores if it was ok and everyone said yes w/o a probably, but after reading I see that I was given the wrong information which is going to cost me a little bit more money b/c I would like to get another 55 gal that is where they are now. Everyone told us that if it is two males they would fight but two females they would not (which we don't know as of yet gender). So I already told my husband that we need to get another tank. They also told me that we have a 55 gal tank that it is perfect for 2 beardies which was once again wrong info. I wish I would of had your site earlier, but I'm happy with my new extention. Sonnie is so funny but Coletrain seems like he has a little bit of an attitude.
Also being that I have been receiving wrong info is feeding Kale ok for them as well, I've also been giving at least Sonnie (b/c she is the only one that will eat it) is sweet peas

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It is unfortunate that most pet stores give false info when it comes to bearded dragon care. That is why we are here! You are not alone. I was given bad info when Bernie was a baby. There are some good ones out there, but we have seen too many times how much bad info is given.

Craig's List is a great way to get a used viv at a reasonable place. It has come in handy for us on numerous occasions.

I would use kale sparingly. I don't see anything wrong with peas.

Latest posts