• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New owner

Vheefresch

Hatchling Dragon
I am a new owner of my bearded dragon Zeus my grandson couldn’t take care of him anymore I don’t no how old he is I would like to no the best thing I should no about taking care of him

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 81

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am a new owner of my bearded dragon Zeus my grandson couldn’t take care of him anymore I don’t no how old he is I would like to no the best thing I should no about taking care of him
The first thing you need to have correct in order for him to live and NOT be sick is the lighting in the tank -- proper UVB and proper basking temps--- so I can tell you what NOT to have --- NO COIL UVB'S - the next thing is you need basking temps to be 95-110 for adult / juvie and 105-110 for a baby - temps MUST be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- stick ons are for ambient temps ONLY --- your UVB should be a long tube fixture like a Zoo Med or Sunblaster or Arcadia - for tanks 40+ gallon a 24" fixture w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb or Arcadia 12% Desert bulb -- those are the best on the market - if you need more help w/ diet / the lighting or anything else please ask
NO colored bulbs - NO heat mats and NO heat rocks

Vheefresch

Hatchling Dragon
The first thing you need to have correct in order for him to live and NOT be sick is the lighting in the tank -- proper UVB and proper basking temps--- so I can tell you what NOT to have --- NO COIL UVB'S - the next thing is you need basking temps to be 95-110 for adult / juvie and 105-110 for a baby - temps MUST be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- stick ons are for ambient temps ONLY --- your UVB should be a long tube fixture like a Zoo Med or Sunblaster or Arcadia - for tanks 40+ gallon a 24" fixture w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb or Arcadia 12% Desert bulb -- those are the best on the market - if you need more help w/ diet / the lighting or anything else please ask
NO colored bulbs - NO heat mats and NO heat rocks
Thank you I have a lots to learn

Vheefresch

Hatchling Dragon
yes and please ask questions for help --- you want your dragon healthy and to stay that way --- w/ out proper UVB and basking temps he will get sick ---
Is the normal for him to look at the light Iam scared

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 79

Zontar’s Mom

Juvenile Dragon
Is that the only light in his tank? It seems he is missing the uvb light which is critical for beardies to have

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is he glass surfing? Please get your temps in that tank and a UVB your dragon will not live w/ out both of those --- take the digital probe thermometer and place the probe where hes been sitting for basking--- wait 10 minutes and then get the temp he looks like hes about 4-5 months old am I correct? He needs this UVB ASAP -- I cannot stress this enough - if you dont get one here soon he will start to get sick and develop MBD --- I will post links to what you need if you need them ---- I posted earlier what to get for a UVB

Vheefresch

Hatchling Dragon
Is he glass surfing? Please get your temps in that tank and a UVB your dragon will not live w/ out both of those --- take the digital probe thermometer and place the probe where hes been sitting for basking--- wait 10 minutes and then get the temp he looks like hes about 4-5 months old am I correct? He needs this UVB ASAP -- I cannot stress this enough - if you dont get one here soon he will start to get sick and develop MBD --- I will post links to what you need if you need them ---- I posted earlier what to get for a UVB
I will do that Sadie thank u

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
If you can tell me how long he is from head to tail I can tell you his age. But just by looking he/she looks About 4-6 months

Latest posts