• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New owner

Tisie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all,
We got our dragon(Razor) a couple of months ago from a friend of mine. Her son lost interest and she wanted “Razor” to have more interaction. So here we are, I love him/her. Not really sure yet, that will be one of my first questions.
I look forward to learning everything I can to give him a great life!

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
welcome to the forums! this is how you sex a beardie with a flashlight behind the base of its tale
3f026db2a9d58d9eb1c7d13ce66efabf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tisie

Bearded Dragon Egg
9FB9C4E4-4A7E-41D5-82B7-924981B9867F.png
CD5E83D1-9D30-4F0D-8E50-3FAAD6BCB0E3.jpeg

I haven’t tried that yet. I did get a pic, but thinking he/she is too fat to tell without the light? I was going by the first pic.

Tisie

Bearded Dragon Egg
he/she also looks to be going into shed or just shed recently? or that could just be its normal tail colors

He/she just shed a couple of weeks ago. Thinking this is normal color for him.

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
being how young it is it could be another shed due to a growth spurt, or could just be taking awhile to shed that specific part. as they get older it can take 3-4 weeks to shed their whole body. when they’re younger they’ll sometimes shed individual parts at a time. BUT it also could just be normal color

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She still has some shedding going on in this picture the underside of her tail should be the white with the black markings..

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Also! Excited to know we have a girl! It’s about time I have some other girls to hang with! Lol I have 3 boys and a husband.
I would still do the flashlight test to make sure as I am seeing a computer image, same position just dark room flashlight thru base of tail from top down

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I see girl too and it does look like there is still some stuck shed near the base of the tail. Get a baby toothbrush and gently scrub it while you give her a good soak, should come off soon.

Latest posts