• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Owner

Mark Cashen

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi I'm a new owner and any advice welcome. Had Iggy since Christmas and you can see size from photo.

It's still a little jumpy when try and pick it up and moves fast so don't want to put it down etc.

Can someone confirm when and how often it should be bathed?

Any other thoughts welcome.

Cheers!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 58

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
There's lots of good information here – take a look around. Bathing seems to be a kind of a personal thing. Some people soak thei beardies every week some every two weeks some Only when they ran through their poo. It can take a couple of weeks for them to get over "moving sickness". Take the time it takes. Slow and steady. He's a cutie. Welcome

PsycoMenace

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Welcome to the site, I myself is a new guy herel. and with a beardie. They are fun amazing and just cool looking. Soo prioud to be an onwer

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Congratulations on ur newbie. Beardie get moving sickness and can take a while for them to settle even more so for a baby. Routine does them the world of gud feeding the same time getting out the same times also putting a small item.of of worn clothes can help to ur beardie will get use to ur smell. Always offer ur hand for them to lick b4 u pick them up also my Diego loves to b talked to and cums to the glass to get out wen u talk to him. As for bathing that's down to u I bath mine at least once a week for a few reasons firstly coz beardie poo hold saminela n u neca know if he/she stands in there poo and also for hydration. Some ppl say beardies absorb water through the skin n other say they dnt so I always drip waters on there noses a few times a day n if they thirsty they will lick it off :) both my boys love the bath they have both learnt to swim and really enjoy it. Some beardies dnt like it at all so u just have to c make sure they waters not too hot. Test with ur elbow always make it a bit too cool rather than too warm u can always warm it up while ur beardies in it n if ur beardie dnt like it add a small rock or log for them to climb on, make sure the baths no higher than the arm pit of ur beardie aswel :)