• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Owner Question

Mystic714

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

I am so glad i found this site. Love seeing all the bearded dragon lovers. Let me start off with I am a huge animal person. Everything I do I do for the love of my crew. My son really wanted his own pet and he fell in love with the bearded dragon. We watched a lot of videos and did our reading. I told him he needs to be fully educated to get one. We were going to a local reptile store just to look not planning on getting anything. There was this poor full grown adult dragon living in a 10 gallon tank. She just looked so sad. She had crickets just crawling on her. She wasn't even eating them. The owner of the store just said someone dropped her off like that and that what she was living in for the last 2 years. Broke my heart so of course I jumped in and rescue her. We went out and got her a 55 gallon with all the proper lighting, eat and dragon hammock. You get the picture. She is well loves, perfect temp and diet.

Long story short here is my question. We take her everyday and she sits with us. She is part of the family. He had her for 2 months. When I take her out she doesn't move, at all. She will just stay in that same spot for an hour if I let her. There is noting to be scared of. All my other animals are not near her . when she out, because that may have scared her at first. is this normal? I feel like she should run do something, Any suggestions. She will crawl up on my shoulder to watch TV with me, but thats it

Latest posts