• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

(New Owner) Just wanna see if i’m doing it right.

MagicTrashcan

Bearded Dragon Egg
(Sorry if my English is kinda off, but i’m dutch)

I got a female bearded dragon 2 days ago and it’s my first time caring for a beardie, I did lots of research because I really wanted to do a good job caring for him. For the heat I have a 50W intense basking spot from the brand Exo Terra, it gets 40 degrees max on his basking spot, on the cold side it gets 30 degrees max, when everything is off it goes to max 22 degrees in the whole terrarium. For uvb i have a 13W 10.0 UVB mini compact from the brand reptisun, and it’s like 20cm (diagonally) from the basking spot. So we just moved him 2 days ago, first she just stayed in one spot and didn’t much move but i heard it’s because relocation stress, today she started to run around and explore everything, we tried giving her greens and mealworms but she didn’t eat yet but i also heard that can be because of the moving. So after how many days should we really be concerned if she is not eating? I also tried giving water to her with a syringe but when I put a bubble of water on her nose she doesn’t respond to it and just let the bubble sit there on her nose. Maybe she just doesn’t want to drink or could she maybe be hydrated enough? I also sprinkled her once today so i think she must not be dehydrated. All replies are welcome, it’s a lot and i really want her to be healthy as possible. I’ll also include a picture of her so you can see is she looks healthy. Thanks in advance !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 28

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
(Sorry if my English is kinda off, but i’m dutch)

I got a female bearded dragon 2 days ago and it’s my first time caring for a beardie, I did lots of research because I really wanted to do a good job caring for him. For the heat I have a 50W intense basking spot from the brand Exo Terra, it gets 40 degrees max on his basking spot, on the cold side it gets 30 degrees max, when everything is off it goes to max 22 degrees in the whole terrarium. For uvb i have a 13W 10.0 UVB mini compact from the brand reptisun, and it’s like 20cm (diagonally) from the basking spot. So we just moved him 2 days ago, first she just stayed in one spot and didn’t much move but i heard it’s because relocation stress, today she started to run around and explore everything, we tried giving her greens and mealworms but she didn’t eat yet but i also heard that can be because of the moving. So after how many days should we really be concerned if she is not eating? I also tried giving water to her with a syringe but when I put a bubble of water on her nose she doesn’t respond to it and just let the bubble sit there on her nose. Maybe she just doesn’t want to drink or could she maybe be hydrated enough? I also sprinkled her once today so i think she must not be dehydrated. All replies are welcome, it’s a lot and i really want her to be healthy as possible. I’ll also include a picture of her so you can see is she looks healthy. Thanks in advance !
Hi and welcome. They can exhibit relocation stress (hence the not eating) for a few days and even as long as 2 or 3 weeks. Just keep offering food, but try not to worry too much if she's not eating right away. If her temps are good (I didn't look up the conversions from C to F, and I only know F), then she should come around once she adjusts to her new surroundings. You should probably try to find a long tube UVB fixture and bulb to replace the coil one. The consensus seems to be that the coils aren't adequate for beardies. You can probably find Arcadia (14%?) - I'm not very familiar with that brand, but look for the lighting info here or on other forums, and you'll see mention of the correct ones, or ReptiSun 10.0 (10.0 is the bulb, and the fixture would be t5, t5HO, or t8 - those are related to the diameter of the bulb). Mine doesn't drink water, either, but when he eats, he seems to get enough hydration from the food. Hornworms are great for this. :0)