• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new noms

moth_ay

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I was reading the general info....

and we can feed beardies this stuff!? A lot of this wasn't on the beautifuldragons website so I just wanted to make sure... Right now Dude eats daily yellow squash, collard greens, and cactus pad with calcium. Crickets are offered every few days or so. I'd love to throw some fruit and peas in there :D So is the following safe?

squash, corn, peas, carrots (shredded), sweet potato, cucumber, zucchini, green peppers, chard... also chopped fruit such as cantaloupe, apple, blueberries, peaches, pears, grapes, plums, raspberries...

Any food in particular help with shedding too?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes, all of the foods you listed are fine for bearded dragons. Carrots should not be part of the regular daily diet.

I'm not aware of any foods that help with shedding. Bathing helps.

Remind me, how old is Dude?

moth_ay

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Estimated at three years... Will be taking him to the vet next week for a general wellness check :) Is it normal for them to lose weight when shedding? Last week he was 358 grams, this week he is 344 :(

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I can't say that I've ever noticed Bernie loosing weight during a shed. They can cut down their food intake during a shed. How have Dude's eating habits been?

Good luck at the vet's. Let us know how it goes.

moth_ay

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks!

I didn't see him eat yesterday, and there didn't seem to be much change in his food...

But today he was eating pretty normally. Going to the store to get some crickets.

Maybe it has to do with the new and improved temps? It's definitely a lot warmer in there!

He seems OK though. Just basking, chilling ;)

Also, is it normal for them to have bendy-ish toes? His toes seem bendy?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well, one thing our herp vet reminded us is that these are desert animals. And they instinctively know that there may not be food available. So, they will gorge themselves and then go without it for a day or so.

Bendy toes? I'd need to see a pic.

moth_ay

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
okee dokee.

Not sure when they will get posted, used my boyfriend's iphone... My mechanic has my camera :(

Latest posts