• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New lizard enthusiast and lover of Dragons. Advice would be much appreciated

Unlived the lizard lover

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am new to lizard keeping and am yet to keep my first lizard. I handled a bearded Dragon at my freinds House one day and then fell in love with them. I’ve been doing research and creating a good setup for one. I have yet to build an enclosure but have everything I need for a baby beardie. I’m picking one up next week.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
At the bottom of my comment, there are links to general care and lighting.

Baby beardies need LOTS of live protein and need to eat bugs 3 times a day. So make sure you are ready for that commitment.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
A 100 watt should be fine but you want to get an IR Temp gun to check your temps. You may need to get a lower wattage depending on the age of your dragon and what the temps are. I tend to have multiple wattages lying around and change them out as the weather outside changes. Some people also use a dimmer switch to keep the temps where they are supposed to be.

Unlived the lizard lover

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you very much. I’ve got a temp gun and UVB. I’ve built a good 20 gallon setup now. Me and my girlfriend are set to pick up our beardie Tuesday. We also have a 75 gallon on the way for when s/he grows larger

Latest posts