• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New home for my beardies

MisterD83

Juvenile Dragon
I have my beardies in a new 55 gallon tank, thanks to petco's $1/gal sale. :) and I was able to find a nice stand that the tank fits on.

3133v3d.jpg

One, Im assuming the male likes to chill on the basking rock

nwg08m.jpg

And the one Im assuming is the female is sleeping in a little hole that she dug in the corner.
1sz4as.jpg

The third one I had passed on thursday, I think she was ill and wasnt eating as she was only a third the size compared to the others. The remaining two are Steiner and Beatreax.

And the Mercury Vapor Bulb is keeping the basking spot at a steady 105(ish) degrees. double sided tape = no kitty on tank - VICTORY!! :D

MisterD83

Juvenile Dragon
The sand is play sand, against the recommendations of the personnel at my local herp shop. and the MVB likes to wreck havoc on the coloring the camera in my phone sees

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
I wudnt use sand for such small beardies it just not safe. I didnt know bout impact when i got Diego and the pet shop gave me sand with the viv. Ur viv looks great tho n u can have sand with older beardies with no problems ;)

MisterD83

Juvenile Dragon
I just realized this morning, the light is running hot enough to melt the plastic of the tank's upper frame when I have it set off it's spot for maintenance and feeding. Gonna have to switch to a hinged top eventually. lol

MisterD83

Juvenile Dragon
Im actually looking at building a basking ledge out of a stack of slate stones (or are they rocks?) From what I understood, stones and rocks help them keep their nails in check

Latest posts