• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New here

MisterEcho

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi Everyone...My name is Marie. We have a year old bearded dragon named Echo. He is actually my 4 1/2 yr olds, we got him for her last year, but I do most of the care for him. What a neat pet he is. This was my first experience with them, and I do have to say I just love that little guy. :)

Oh and if someone can tell me how to post a pic I would really appreciate it.. ;)

Heres a pic...this was about 6 mths ago...
DSC00104.jpg

and here is a more recent pic of him...
Picture221.jpg

ok 2 more pics and I promise Im done for now..lol
DSC00595.jpg

DSC00594.jpg

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
welcome to the forum

to post a picture you need to a free photobucket account (or something like it). After you load the photo there you just copy and paste the img (image) code into your post here.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi and welcome as well !
Just see me about building a custom enclosure for this fellow ;)
Janie.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Marie, this is a bit off topic to your intro post, but I'm curious what your substrate is in the last pic?

MisterEcho

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Renee said:
Marie, this is a bit off topic to your intro post, but I'm curious what your substrate is in the last pic?
Its dried alfalfa pellets that came with the kit that we purchased(tank and 3 lamps plus bedding and dishes and temperature gauge). It was a deluxe bearded dragon kit by Zilla.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hmm...you will find that substrate is a very controversial topic. Some have success with substrates that are not liked by many beardie owners and breeders. You'll need to weigh the pros and cons and decide what you think is best.

As far as alfalfa pellets, I want to add my two cents (as always ;D) and let you know some of the cons. It is believed that alfalfa pellets have been linked to respiratory disease in reptiles. One of the reasons is that they turn into powder when they get wet and then dry. Beardies will inhale the powder.

I would think this is also a haven for bacteria to form. If you choose to use it, please ensure you change it often.

Latest posts