• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Here

LindseyM16

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey guys, just joined here. I am just researching Beardies to see if I want one. I am not new to reptiles, I have 1 veiled chameleon, 2 crested geckos and 2 leopard geckos. Aswell as cats, dogs, guinea pigs, fish and 1 african dwarf frog. I plant to venture into breeding my cresteds and leos this summer and get a side business going/ expand my hobby. We love animals over here. :) I am on many forums, so maybe some of you might recognize me or maybe not, haha.

I was originally saving up for a Panther Chameleon, but I am not sure any more if I want to save up that much $$$$. Can you all tell me how much you guys bought everything for on average? Like include avg tank size, beardie, lighting etc (dont include food or supplements). I just want a average price that most users on here paid. I will be lurking on here, doing my research until I buy something, if I do. Hopefully what I learn here will help me make my decision better.

Thanks!

Strange_Evil

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
First, Welcome to the forum,really glad to have you!

Chams are cool, i would love to see some pics of your collection some time.

Yea,you should be 100% sure when getting a bearded,they can really eat and need space. As for price, i didn't pay much,i paid $30 off craigslist (30 gallons), $50ea for there power sun mercury vapor bulb,$12 for the fixtures to hold the power sun. Can't remember the price on tile though, and decor i just brought a whole bunch of random stuff,paid about 30 all together on decor.

Just started the 4x2x2 and so far i spent $62 on the wood for two cages,$10 on dry lok to seal the cage and $18 on paint. So yea,as far as caging and supplies go things are pretty cheap. I've had my beardeds for about 6months and spent A LOT of money on food. Definitely start a a dubia roach colony before getting the lizard,or run back and forth for crickets.

Good luck and once again Welcome!

Latest posts