• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Here

Eve

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello there! My name is Evelyn (aka Eve) and I am new to your forum and a very passionate reptile enthusiast. I have been stalking you guys and reading through your information sheets (very helpful, btw, so thank you) as I go about getting my newest addition set up and comfortable in his living environment.

I have never owned a bearded dragon until a few months ago when I got my first little friend, Francis. Francis was perfect. He was sweet, he was not she, he appeared to enjoy my company, he loved being on my shoulder walking around with me. He was everything everybody had ever said positively about the company of a bearded dragon. And most importantly, he was my friend for 22 wonderful days. Unfortunately, he'd sustained an injury while penned at a reptile expo that the breeder and my friend (who was picking him up for me) assumed would heal quickly and without compromise. Well it didn't and despite my efforts (two different oral antibiotics, topical antibiotics, daily antiseptic washes and even laser treatments to promote healing) I made the decision to let Francis go when it had become apparent to me that his infection had gone systemic. He never lost the light in his eyes though and I'll never forget him.

Fast forward a month and now I have a new dragon, Star-Prince. He is from the same breeder, that I will credit for being very helpful and understanding during the transition from one perfect dragon to the next. This guy has a bit more pep in his step and is quite the character! I will tell you more about him as we go along -- I'm still just getting to know him too! I have numerous questions (that I don't have time to write up now) and I will absolutely be sharing photos when I'm not about to head to work.

Aside from bearded dragons, I also have an Australian Water Dragon named Kilgharrah that is roughly 3 feet long (total) and about 3 pounds and not quite to sexual maturity. He just turned 2 on the 20th of this month. He's a handsome devil. Not made for cuddling. Hehe. Pics to come of him as well!

And last but not least, at work I care for our Painted Slider turtle named Myrtle (the turtle). She's lived at the pond in our facility for nearly 20 years and we have no clue as to how old she was when a pedestrian picked her up off the highway on his way to work. Myrtle is a sassy lady and I love her even though she's not mine. I think she only likes me though because I have the yellow tweezers and with those come live food -- her favorite. Hah.

In any case, I'm looking forward to chatting with all of you and getting to know a little more about you and your dragons! I promise I will post again, I have a list of questions.

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi, welcome to BDF. Im sorry you had to go through that with your first beardie, it cant have been pleasant. Im glad it didnt put you off though. I look forward to the pics and the beardie guru's here will answer all of your questions. If thats Star Prince in your avatar, he lopks super cute! :)

Reactions: Eve

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
So sorry for your loss, and glad you were able to take in another baby! Pictures please!!!!

And all painted turtles are sassy! My current one is less than the size of my palm and still tries to nip me on a daily basis. They are so silly. :)

Reactions: Eve

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
Welcome my fellow beardie parent, look forward to watching your beardie journey

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Eve

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you for the warm welcome! I've decided to direct my questions to the appropriate forums, but I'll gladly show a few photos of my boys. :)

Star-Prince

Attachments

• IMG_4141.JPG
    IMG_4141.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4138.JPG
    IMG_4138.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 13

Eve

Bearded Dragon Egg
Kilgharrah

Attachments

• IMG_3327.JPG
    IMG_3327.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3336.JPG
    IMG_3336.JPG
    919.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2692.JPG
    IMG_2692.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 12

Eve

Bearded Dragon Egg
And Myrtle the turtle. She lives in the courtyard at my work. I included a picture of her pond. She also likes to wander about in the foliage and trample the flowers.

Attachments

• IMG_4149.JPG
    IMG_4149.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4150.JPG
    IMG_4150.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4151.JPG
    IMG_4151.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 13

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
So sorry for your loss. Glad it didn't discourage you from getting another. Bearded dragons really are great to be around.

Latest posts