• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New! Have a few questions!

rroughton

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Just found this site and I'm loving it! I've had my beardie for about two months now and he's growing up so fast!
I'm trying to think of some safe but fun ways to entertain him. So far he's been exploring my living room for short periods of time.
I'm wondering how long is too long to have him out for? I've kind of just been watching and checking on him and when he's feeling cold or is crouching low or curled up I normally put him away.
Also, I've put him in shallow water before just to introduce him to it, but I'm wondering how slow to take it or if they naturally are capable of swimming.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello, rroughton & Welcome 2 the Forum. Fortunately, dragons are very easy 2 entertain, just give them a shoulder 2 sit on & they're good 2 go. They are very interactive & curious when it comes 2 people & what we do. I let my dragons out daily 4 about an hour, just enough time 2 let them move around & get some exercise. They are definitely capable of swimming but don't always enjoy baths, just keep the water shallow enough 4 your dragon 2 stand in, if the water is too deep they usually inhale air & puff up to float. Make sure the water is warm to the touch, cold temperatures can shock them.

rroughton

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks! The water was warm the first time but he didn't move around much so I didn't leave him in too long. He is defintely a people watcher!

Reactions: Jp

Latest posts