• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

NEW GUY on HUNGER STRIKE

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon
I been looking some say rot tail but the rot tail will be like a crispy chip ready t crunch off. Some say that it could be lack of blood flow to the tail. It's mixed reviews so hard to tell

Steven Simon

Hatchling Dragon
His tail looked better this morning, those 2 black marks were pretty much gone. I'm just so happy he ate something today...

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon
Awww ok just making sure nmight wanna make sure the wall he climb isn't too close to the heating light.

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon
Yea I know it's lock sheild by the screen. But heat can still come thru. If hes close enough to it. So pretty much ur ur dragon should be 3 to more inches away from the baking light

Steven Simon

Hatchling Dragon
Yep, he is, on a good note, he just took a stroll around the cage, and took some greens and small chopped up banana.... Hopefully he is taking a turn for the better.... He is much more alert today. Even when basking, he is moving his head around a lot more, and moving around...

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Just putting this out there. Bearded dragons don't have a lot of nerve receptors on their belly so if they are sitting on something that is too hot for them they won't know and they will sit on it until it burns them. They won't know they are getting injured because again, they can't feel anything on their belly. That is why UTH are not used for bearded dragons. They also won't seek out heat that is underneath them. They have at gland on top of their head that guides them to the "sun" and to the warmth and that is how they know where their basking spot is. UTH heaters are also known to malfunction and one part will get way hotter than the other. 112 degrees on the belly is WAY too hot for the bearded dragon. The hottest spot in your tank should only be your basking spot.

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon
Yea under the heat mat and heat rocks are bad. I would just use the basking bulb only. Like patsy says they don't know under their belly

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon
That's good see it jist takes a while to get use the new world I made a video of my girl eating via syringe but some how I can't upload it. Does the video need to be a certain file type

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I have to upload my videos to YouTube and then insert the link here.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yea babies will sleep in the strangest places. when mine were small and sleeping in spots that I didn't think were save I always moved them to a hide.

Latest posts