• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Fruit Eating Monitor Species Discovered

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'd love to see that. But it's a important source of protein for indigenous people in Isabella and Aurora Provinces? They eat it? gad zooks

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How about some genetically HUGE dubias ? ;)
Daaaaang that's just amazing... 3 meters ?
Janie

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
zebraflavencs said:
How about some genetically HUGE dubias ? ;)
Daaaaang that's just amazing... 3 meters ?
Janie
lol now that's an idea janie! I've been doing some readings on monitors today and i came across an article on extinct species too that dwarf even the komodo dragon and that the komodo dragon evolved in australia and then spread into indonesia

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Can you email me that article on the extinct species, Candice.. I'd love to read that !
Hey, you know me and my dubias ;)
Janie

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
zebraflavencs said:
Can you email me that article on the extinct species, Candice.. I'd love to read that !
Hey, you know me and my dubias ;)
Janie
sure thing! i can post it up on here too...its on a website not a forum so i wouldnt be violating rules

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Janie,
You wanna feed people roaches? I lived in that area of the world once. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww is all i have to say

rofl

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sure Gina... People eat honey ants, maggots and other insects... why not something like the mads and the dubias ?
I'll have mine grilled please, with mush rooms and squash on a bed of pilaf...
*snorts*.
Candice, two very interesting and well worth posting articles indeed.....Great find !
Janie

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
thanks janie! i actually came across them on a aussie forum francis recommended to me

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ahhh I wondered if Francis didn't have a hand in those articles ....
Janie

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I read about this one last night. Its quite interesting. IM fairly sure there are organizations being deployed currently to collect a number of wild specimens to try and rescue this breed of monitor from extinction (as it is currently considered to be extremely endangered). Basically this animal has the look and size of a Croc monitor without the attitude or diet (being that it is not carnivorous). I forsee this ending up in the pet trade in about 10 years or so.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Gina.. now why do I get the feeling, I'll get exactly that served to me some day in the future while visiting you ? Hmmmmm ?
I'd like some mint tea with lemon and honey to wash it all down with... And a straight face ! LOL !
Janie

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
more like Yeongji-beoseot-cha to drink. Gotta help out that natural thought process as those wonderful proteins are taken in. Might as well do it right.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
well poop Candice. Sorry, way off topic.

Back to the MONITOR. lol