• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New friend!

Shtyn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone! I brought home my juvenile 7 month old dragon yesterday! I got him from a reputable breeder ( not petsmart not petco i know better). The breeder told me To feed him later on in the day as he did not eat the day before ( he had him on an everyother day cricket diet and everyday lettuce diet) he ate 20 large crickets and some lettuce ( i checked sizing they were fine and i was told thats what he has been eating he gave me the crickets). My concerns are he had not pooped yet and the only way i can get him to drink is to put droplets on his little nose! Im going to give him a nice soak tomorrow. I really want to switch his diet i dont like the everyother day cricket schedule. Any recommendations on the poop situation is that normal?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi everyone! I brought home my juvenile 7 month old dragon yesterday! I got him from a reputable breeder ( not petsmart not petco i know better). The breeder told me To feed him later on in the day as he did not eat the day before ( he had him on an everyother day cricket diet and everyday lettuce diet) he ate 20 large crickets and some lettuce ( i checked sizing they were fine and i was told thats what he has been eating he gave me the crickets). My concerns are he had not pooped yet and the only way i can get him to drink is to put droplets on his little nose! Im going to give him a nice soak tomorrow. I really want to switch his diet i dont like the everyother day cricket schedule. Any recommendations on the poop situation is that normal?
Your 7 month old needs a staple insect feeder everyday till he's a year old- dusted w/ calcium d 3 5 x per week lightly coated vitamins w beta carotene 2 x per week lightly coated both supplements only once per feeding- fresh greens NO lettuce- he needs this everyday I can post a website for nutrition- as they get older to they will poop less so him pooping every other day is good- it's good he's getting water off his nose- I recommend no baths - he will go thru relocation stress- and bathing will stress him out more- now for the most important part-- basking temps they should be taken w a digital probe thermometer-no stickons they are inaccurate and you want surface temps probe needs to be placed on the spot where he sits- next NO coils for a uvb- you want a long tube fixture-- like a 24" fixture for a 40 gallon tank- Zoo Med you will need a 22" reptisun bulb 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia pro T 5 w/ 12% bulb or a sunblaster nano tech 6400 bulb-- these are all good fixtures / bulbs-- if you need more help please ask-- all this stuff I posted is imperative to the health and behavior- of your dragon if any of this is off he will quit eating-

Shtyn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Your 7 month old needs a staple insect feeder everyday till he's a year old- dusted w/ calcium d 3 5 x per week lightly coated vitamins w beta carotene 2 x per week lightly coated both supplements only once per feeding- fresh greens NO lettuce- he needs this everyday I can post a website for nutrition- as they get older to they will poop less so him pooping every other day is good- it's good he's getting water off his nose- I recommend no baths - he will go thru relocation stress- and bathing will stress him out more- now for the most important part-- basking temps they should be taken w a digital probe thermometer-no stickons they are inaccurate and you want surface temps probe needs to be placed on the spot where he sits- next NO coils for a uvb- you want a long tube fixture-- like a 24" fixture for a 40 gallon tank- Zoo Med you will need a 22" reptisun bulb 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia pro T 5 w/ 12% bulb or a sunblaster nano tech 6400 bulb-- these are all good fixtures / bulbs-- if you need more help please ask-- all this stuff I posted is imperative to the health and behavior- of your dragon if any of this is off he will quit eating-
by lettuce i mean spring mix i dont give him any ice burg lettuce i give leafy greens, and a cut up blueberry for a treat. Thankyou for the advice ☺️! Hopefully this little guy poops tomorrow he is so cute!
is

Latest posts