• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New friend?

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
So I've been roaming through Craigslist looking for a beardie as well as reptile stores such as lll reptile. The store has a 3 foot by 2 foot by 18" 1/2" melemine wood enclosure that comes with 10.0 UVB installed and sliding glass doors for pretty cheap.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409786879.077761.jpg

I found him on craiglist. My question is would it be better if I used the wood vivarium instead of the glass tank he comes in? And does it look like he's had a good set up? I don't want to buy anything that may end up being to late to save if that makes sense

suzy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I love the enclosures with the sliding doors way more convenient. He would prob be fine if u put him in different enclosure but kept his basking accessories I use ceramic heaters and a tube UVB light that way they get the UVB weather they are basking or want to hang in a cooler spot.

Marquez0352

Hatchling Dragon
I hope you get him he's a cutie look how happy he is!!!!

And PLEASE don't worry about the sand. Clearly this beardie was raised with sand and knows not to eat it. Instinctively! The only con of sand is you have to change it every two months to keep enclosure healthy and clean.

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
Can you take a picture in the ad of what is included it got cut off

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409796049.337359.jpg

I don't have an dad for the melemine wood one being sold at the reptile store but it comes with the tank. A bag of the calcium sand. 10.0 UVB with fixture mounted. And a heating bulb also mounted. Plus a hide for 200.

RaidenMarshall

Hatchling Dragon
The 100 gal is huge! Wow I would love to get that for my Apollo! As for the light fixtures I'd see how the basking spot is when you get it, you might have to buy more or cut back depending on it. And I'd get a UVB doesnt look like its included. I'd also get repti vitamins too. And change the sand out to tile, cleaner, more efficient, and much much less to worry about.

misskatie

Juvenile Dragon
U don't really need a night bulb unless it gets below 65 at night in the tank..there is quite a controversy about using sand some people swear by it some people swear at it...I have always know sand to be the no no substrate since it can cause impaction and is a breeding ground for bacteria. Especially calcium sand it actually encourages them to eat it since it has calcium in it it's ultimately up to you though which way you go

misskatie

Juvenile Dragon
Oh and you don't need a water bowl bathing your dragon and thru their diet they can get water having humidity in the tank increases the chances of respiratory infections.

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
The 100 gal is huge! Wow I would love to get that for my Apollo! As for the light fixtures I'd see how the basking spot is when you get it, you might have to buy more or cut back depending on it. And I'd get a UVB doesnt look like its included. I'd also get repti vitamins too. And change the sand out to tile, cleaner, more efficient, and much much less to worry about.

Where do you live at I may send it to you haha. He says the heating light is also UVB. I will probably end up getting the vivarium and putting the tank in the garage for if I ever need it. I don't plan on using sand I never have for any of my reptiles

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
Oh and you don't need a water bowl bathing your dragon and thru their diet they can get water having humidity in the tank increases the chances of respiratory infections.

Originally I had asked for Phoenix and his hides just so he still has things to feel like it's his home. But he said everything goes with him. So I probably will move his stuff into a new vivarium minus the water dish. But I've seen a few where they have water dishes and some dragons enjoy soaking I guess, I'm still learning

RaidenMarshall

Hatchling Dragon
I'm over here in Arizona, a state away haha. But I'm going to be building a 48''x18"x24'' enclosure for him soon :) keep it for feeders maybe

That is, when my ankle heals up lol

misskatie

Juvenile Dragon
In one of my setups I have an all in one light where it has everything and heat too I really like it but they are expensive bulbs they are like $60

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
So I'm picking up Phoenix today and his 100 gallon long tank. What are the dimensions does anyone know? I drive a mustang so I want to know if it will fit in the back seat thanks

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
It looks to me like it's 48long 24 deep and 24 high based on scaling the things in the picture. I know a 100 gallon also comes in a 72x18x18 or something as well but that doesn't look 6 feet!

misskatie

Juvenile Dragon
I mean if you can try to fit in it the long way not across the seats if you can fold your seats down otherwise just strap it in really good and go slow

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
I mean if you can try to fit in it the long way not across the seats if you can fold your seats down otherwise just strap it in really good and go slow

Don't quote me but I believe I can put down my rear seats and it opens up to the trunk

Latest posts