• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Family Member!

wiiiroc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Wow it has been a very long time since I last posted!
I've been really busy juggling work school and moving into a big house! YAY!

Puff the Magic Dragon (my first reptile, a bearded dragon) is doing great Unfortunately he has been in brumation for the past three months.
He seems like he's almost ready to come out of it though. Thank goodness! I miss having him around.

William Murderface, my satanic leaftail gecko, is a fat healthy gecko and to my surprise has become comfortable to me holding him.
That's awesome because everytime people some over they're dying to see him. Even my mother, who HATES HATES HATES anything that doesn't meow or bark, adores him!

I also came into ownership of a Turner's Thick Toed Gecko!! No pictures of him yet, he's still trying to get comfortable in his new terrarium. Plus I don't want to attempt handling him yet because of his sharp bite. I named him Earl Whiskey.

Anyway...

TODAY I GOT MYSELF A BABY POOPER!!!!!! ;D ;D
Awe man I am sooo excited to have a baby pooper! He's the most adorable little dude I've ever seen.

I went to the petstore today to buy a night glo for Earl. They had a shipment of baby beardies a few days earlier and I stared at them for about an hour :D
There were six beardies. Four of them were regular sandfire and there was one leatherback who was extremely energetic and wouldn't stop moving.
Oh a sadder note, I saw a casualty in the terrarium. A poor sandfire, his entire body and face all sunken in. He had been a goner for quite some time you could tell.
I pointed him out to a worker and they thanked me for letting them know and not getting angry or upset about it.
I was upset, but I kept it in. I just wanted them to know before another customer came in and threw a fit.

Anyway, my heart belonged to this little fella.
He's amazing!
Now, I have no idea what colour morph he is! He looks almost.. black. At least an extremely dark grey.
I don't think he is a leatherback... and I could tell from the other beardies that he weren't all from the same clutch.
I was wondering if anyone here could help me identify him? I'd love to know, I've never seen a beardie so dark!
Do you think he will keep him dark colour when he is older? I am so curious to find out what he will look like as an adult.

I'm not sure yet if my new pooper is a male or female.
I just call him Mr. Bearded Dragon for now..
even though in the end it might turn out to be Ms. Bearded Dragon ;D

2010-04-16_16-45-37_149.jpg

2010-04-16_16-37-44_710.jpg

2010-04-16_16-33-07_949.jpg

2010-04-16_16-32-31_796.jpg

2010-04-16_16-45-48_992.jpg

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Nice to meet you. I am new to the forum myself, but not to beardies. He is absolutely adorable. Congrats. I would love to see pics of your others also.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
wiiiroc said:
Does anyone think he may be a Black Soil Bearded Dragon?

pbrevis2.jpg

If you were in australia it would be possible. But here in the states or in the UK id have to say no.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Aw, look at the little one. Congrats on the new addition. Great to hear from you. Sounds like you have a lot going on. Good luck with the move!

wiiiroc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks Renee!
Don't worry I never forgot about the forum, and hopefully I will be posting more!
I'm actually almost done with the move. There's a few boxes that still need to be unpacked but other than we are all settled into our new place.

I'm not from the UK or the states. I live in Canada :)
Perhaps Mr. bearded Dragon was just the freak of the clutch and came out extra dark xD
I'm so happy to give him a lovely home.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good looking little beardie you got there. Congratulations!

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
welcome back and with a great lookin new addition to the family

paul

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Did he have a good uvb source? He could be dark because he's trying to soak up uvb. Princess turns almost black in the morning and when she's outside soaking up the sun.

wiiiroc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Well I cannot confirm that he had a good UVB source as I'm not sure how he was raised during the first few weeks of his life. But when I picked him up he did have UVB.
I will continue to monitor is colouring as it is possible he is so dark from being stressed.. (I experienced this with my adult beardie when I got him). But with my adult you could tell he was supposed to be a specific colour and it was just faded.
With this little one.. he really does look like a dark beardie. There are no browns, yellows, oranges, reds.. nothing. Just white, black, and dark gray. At all times of the day.
I'll keep the forum posted, definitely!!!

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Brent, who we know from TNC has a beardie that is dark like that too!!! I remember asking him about it because I thought it looked so unusual (and neat). His tummy does have stress marks but they probably have lightened already now that he is acclimated.

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Congrats and welcome back !!

Cute little pooper you got there....just adorable ;D

Take Care
Laurie

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My guess is that he's got color under there.
I raise a set (specific parents) that are hatched out extremely dark and look that way for the first 6-12 weeks of their lives. Then boom........they're this awesome coloration.
I'll admit the first year, I thought there might be something wrong and placed the entire clutch where i could observe them. They're gorgeous now.

You might also want to run a fecal on the little guy just to make sure.

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
What a cutie!!. I know someone that had a baby that dark. All her pictures of him was dark but when he grew up, his coloring came in and was awesome.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yup Vesta, that was Rainbow. One of Tee's many dragons. That's how he was his entire life.
The best thing you can do is just make sure all husbandry is good and like LK said you can do a fecal do be sure.

wiiiroc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
He's actually, day by day, starting to get a little bit lighter and a little more.. browny?
:D Ooohhh, he is going to be soo handsome.
He's incredible happy and eating very well. I'm so impressed.
He waves to me sometimes when I walk in, and is very very calm when I told him!

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
How sweet wiiiroc!!! I KNOW he will be handsome!!! Enjoy your little one!!! I can tell how happy he makes you!!!

Latest posts