• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New enclosure

shipleydragon

Hatchling Dragon
I just purchased a new 4x2x2 enclosure. What basking watt is recommended and uvb size for this tank size? Also how big of a hide and water bowl should an adult dragon have?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I just purchased a new 4x2x2 enclosure. What basking watt is recommended and uvb size for this tank size? Also how big of a hide and water bowl should an adult dragon have?
Water bowls are not usually used in tanks unless they are actually drinking from them --- you want it not real deep in that case and you dont want them sleeping in it as well --- hide should be as big as you can find something like this I use this one https://dubiaroaches.com/products/exo-terra-reptile-cave-x-large?_pos=32&_sid=7176b5b0b&_ss=r
digital probe thermometers are going to tell you wattage for the tank they will be trial and error - you want 2 of them one for your surface basking spot and one for the cool side of the tank --- UVB you can use a 24" fixture Zoo Med w/ a 10.0 bulb T5 or Sunblaster Nano Tech the bulb would need to be changed to the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia Pro T 5 12% bulb 24 watt ---

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would start out with a 50W bulb or somewhere around there. If your enclosure is made of something like wood then it will trap a lot of heat very quickly so do your measurements BEFORE you put your lizard inside. If the enclosure is glass you may want to increase the wattage a bit. Use the thermometer and put it right where your beardie will be basking.

shipleydragon

Hatchling Dragon
I would start out with a 50W bulb or somewhere around there. If your enclosure is made of something like wood then it will trap a lot of heat very quickly so do your measurements BEFORE you put your lizard inside. If the enclosure is glass you may want to increase the wattage a bit. Use the thermometer and put it right where your beardie will be basking.
Also what is a good rock wall background to use in enclosure.

Latest posts