• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New enclosure set up

Asialynn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi y’all,

Im new to reptiles and I'm setting up an enclosure for a future beardie friend.

I bought a Dubia.com enclosure, a 4x2x2.
I bought some lightening today and I just want to confirm there’s are good. The owner of the store recommended them to me.

Attachments

• 54FBA952-89DE-46F5-9F42-48C3E1F92594.jpeg
    54FBA952-89DE-46F5-9F42-48C3E1F92594.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 41
  • 636DF404-0F30-4F5F-8427-B40CB9BE2FE6.jpeg
    636DF404-0F30-4F5F-8427-B40CB9BE2FE6.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 26
  • 33A44D54-C8C2-4823-8331-D3F09DF07BF3.jpeg
    33A44D54-C8C2-4823-8331-D3F09DF07BF3.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 37

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi y’all,

Im new to reptiles and I'm setting up an enclosure for a future beardie friend.

I bought a Dubia.com enclosure, a 4x2x2.
I bought some lightening today and I just want to confirm there’s are good. The owner of the store recommended them to me.
Yes but you actually dont need that long of a UVB fixture--- a 24" would surfice for a 4x2x2 tank -- that is what I am using- you dont want your dragon hiding from the UVB and a full length UVB will not allow him to really get out of the UVB rays --- if you can take the 48" back and get a 24" ---- the UVB will need to go inside the tank - distance for a T 5 is 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece --- the Repti baksing bulbs are good - you can also use Flukers basking bulbs they are cheaper -- or at least on line they are --
how do you like the dubia.com tank? You are the first I have seen that has posted that is what they got -- is there rods running thru the screen on top going vertical? If so you can use those to hang the UVB fixture from them -- here is a pic of my Zen -- the UVB is suspended from those rods --
Make sure you have 2 digital probe thermometers to get accurate surface basking temps ---

Attachments

• IMG_20210920_080952243.jpg
    IMG_20210920_080952243.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 35

Asialynn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you for the info. I will downgrade the uvb.

I am supporting a local small business, the owner was very informative but as much as I like them I don’t want to base my information solely on what they say which is why I posted the pictures. I want to make sure I’m getting the right things, I don’t want to accidentally cause any harm.

I haven’t found any Flukers bulbs locally, only Zoo Med and Exo Terra. I don’t know much about the Exo Terra brand.

The Dubia enclosure I purchased isn’t here quite yet, should arrive in the next couple of days. I definitely like the look more but I can keep you posted. I do believe there are the bars to hang inside. I will definitely post pictures when it’s all set up.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you for the info. I will downgrade the uvb.

I am supporting a local small business, the owner was very informative but as much as I like them I don’t want to base my information solely on what they say which is why I posted the pictures. I want to make sure I’m getting the right things, I don’t want to accidentally cause any harm.

I haven’t found any Flukers bulbs locally, only Zoo Med and Exo Terra. I don’t know much about the Exo Terra brand.

The Dubia enclosure I purchased isn’t here quite yet, should arrive in the next couple of days. I definitely like the look more but I can keep you posted. I do believe there are the bars to hang inside. I will definitely post pictures when it’s all set up.
The Exo Terra intense are bulbs I have used for years but the last couple of months I was having issues with them - so I switched to flukers you can find them on chewy.com- they are reasonable so make sure you get like 100 watt and 150 currently I am using a 100 watt since the heat we are experiencing - I also have a 75 watt center of tank for a second basking area- that is in the 90's- just make sure you have the digital probe thermometers

Latest posts