• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New enclosure help please

AnandaTheDragon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi,

I got my beardie a new enclosure from Zen habitats. As I was putting it together I noticed the sides are opaque. Not clear. My girl seems to like to sit on her hide and look out of our living room window through the side of her cage. So I asked the people at Zen and they said that they recommended as few clear panels as possible. Because, they say, that too many clear panels can stress them out. Is this true?

I was going to go to Tap plastics and see if they can fabricate a clear version of the panel. Is this a bad idea?

Thanks!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi,

I got my beardie a new enclosure from Zen habitats. As I was putting it together I noticed the sides are opaque. Not clear. My girl seems to like to sit on her hide and look out of our living room window through the side of her cage. So I asked the people at Zen and they said that they recommended as few clear panels as possible. Because, they say, that too many clear panels can stress them out. Is this true?

I was going to go to Tap plastics and see if they can fabricate a clear version of the panel. Is this a bad idea?

Thanks!
Post a pic of the tank please I have a zen but my sides and back are bamboo

AnandaTheDragon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 16

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Those sides and back are bamboo so what is it your asking?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes its good to have the solid sides it prevents reflection -- lots of people have to cover their sides of the tank and back to prevent reflection --- you may haft to position the tank so she can see out from the front

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Bearded dragons generally dont like stimulation from outside the enclosure, unless they too are outside of it, babies especially hate seeing their reflections, however, since ur dragon likes to look out windows, id recommend it, my dragon loves looking outside, but do keep in mind the stimulation thing, if you believe ur dragons getting to much you can always cover it with a towel or tape a paper bag to it.

Attachments

• 149AACDE-5AED-470F-89F1-4B28AFDFE88D.jpeg
    149AACDE-5AED-470F-89F1-4B28AFDFE88D.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 13
  • A4F6AB82-1028-4DA0-9DA8-B96467FE5494.jpeg
    A4F6AB82-1028-4DA0-9DA8-B96467FE5494.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 7
  • 29E56B3E-A6A4-4877-BB81-04F366290E1A.jpeg
    29E56B3E-A6A4-4877-BB81-04F366290E1A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
  • D65AB672-45D2-4E76-B7EE-FF244A9E5C0F.jpeg
    D65AB672-45D2-4E76-B7EE-FF244A9E5C0F.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 13

Rusty

Juvenile Dragon
Hi,

Thanks!
My dragon also enjoys looking out the window :) i left a small window in the back so he can watch the scenery, so i think it's by the dragon, some may not like it, but ours do so i think a window would be enrichment for your little guy.

AnandaTheDragon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I’m asking if it is true that a bearded dragon would be less comfortable if one of the sides is clear plastic. Our dragon likes to go to the side of the tank and look out of our living room window. With the cage as is she could not do that.

Zen says it is better to have only one translucent panel. That being the front. His argument is that seeing out of 2 panels would cause the dragon to be stressed. I am asking if that is true.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’m asking if it is true that a bearded dragon would be less comfortable if one of the sides is clear plastic. Our dragon likes to go to the side of the tank and look out of our living room window. With the cage as is she could not do that.

Zen says it is better to have only one translucent panel. That being the front. His argument is that seeing out of 2 panels would cause the dragon to be stressed. I am asking if that is true.
It can be since they see their reflection it stresses them out - I would put the tank in a place where she can see out from the front not directly but maybe at a diagonal

Latest posts